Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have/use athe circular attachment to your machine? >

Do you have/use athe circular attachment to your machine?

Do you have/use athe circular attachment to your machine?

Old 07-26-2012, 12:18 PM

Default Do you have/use athe circular attachment to your machine?

I was watching a quilting video today on "The Quilt Show" website (which I love) and saw a quilter using a circular attachment. I never new there was one. I found one for my Brother machine and I am considering ordering it very soon. I would have loved to use it on my Crazy Quilt.

Do you have this attachment and how do you like it?

For those that don't know what it is ..here is a short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhnfdecldpU
Old 07-26-2012, 02:17 PM

I have seen that too and it looks like a lot of fun. I was thinking of getting DH to make something similar that clamps to my sewing table instead of attaching to my machine, but haven't got around to it yet. The one for the Janome is quite pricey.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

I bought one for my Janome MC4800. did a few blocks but nothing else just yet. it's not bad but the "tack" is a bit large that you have to push through your fabric.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:26 PM

its fun on the brother, but you have to feed the fabric just right to get the circle, but the stitching comes out nice. I use the brother attachment on my babylock with no problem. I want to say kenssewing center from amazon had a really good price, way cheaper than my dealer. My hubby got it for my birthday last year. I still want to try that drunkards path by doing the embroidered circles and cutting them into fours like I saw on fons and porter.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Power Poster

I bought the flower stitch foot to sew circles. It's cheap and works great. The circles aren't very big but what I wanted to make. http://www.internetsalesusa.com/flow...wing-machines/

Last edited by BellaBoo; 07-26-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:52 AM

Quite frankly, all you need is a drawing pin, sticky tape and a rule to do the same thing. Companies want to charge big prices for a glorified drawing pin.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:06 AM

I bought one for my Janome 6600 and so far have used it to embellish a couple of bags - one of them is in my photo album. It's important to reinforce the central point and also to find the exact center of the circle but, apart from that, it's very easy to use. I bought mine while on holiday in Sante Fe after looking at it for ages in my more local shop. The tipping point for me to part with the $70 was the exceptional work on display - they had made scalloped edges for a silk jacket with five or six circles of embroidery - all perfect. It's also useful for making curves - too big circles - that go off the edge of the fabric. I just played with mine - it's fun.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:55 AM

I have one and love it !! I don't use it a lot but it does make perfect circles if you need them. I'm working on a commissioned project (fellow quiltboard member) who wants to make a Drunkard's Path quilt but didn't want to deal with making those blocks. So, I'm using the circle attachment and stabilizer to make the circle then appliqueing it onto the background block then cutting it into 4 small blocks. Easy-peasy !!

I've also used it on smaller quilts for quilting designs. I say smaller quilts since you will have to move the quilt around in the machine. It works perfect if you're making QAYG blocks.

I want to personally make one like the one Pam Mahshe (spelling?) from Babylock demonstrates on Sewing with Nancy.

It truly is a fun attachment to have if you can come up with uses for it to make it worth buying.
Old 07-28-2012, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
Quite frankly, all you need is a drawing pin, sticky tape and a rule to do the same thing. Companies want to charge big prices for a glorified drawing pin.
Unless you are all talking about something real fancy...It is just a glorified push pin on my machines, and then I can do some of the fancy stitches that are built into the machine in a circle. Very easy and gives a good look. I made them on some solid quilt squares to give a quilt some umpppffff...
Old 07-28-2012, 07:03 AM

Nygal, Thank you for reminding me about this attachment that I have on my xl1000 singer. Darn could have used it on my dresden plates! Oh well!