Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you let your housework go? >

Do you let your housework go?

Do you let your housework go?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Do you let your housework go?

I use to clean my house every day. It was spotless. Everything dusted, carpets vacuumed, floors mopped, laundry washed daily, windows washed, deck, patio and driveway hosed off weekly. Then I discovered quilting. Now my house isn't spotless anymore. When someone is coming over, I tell them to give me an hour and I run around like mad trying to pick things up to make my house presentable. I still clean, but it's not a priority anymore. I don't clean daily like I use to. I would rather quilt. Any one else like that now that they found quilting?
Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

You need an hour to prepare for guests? I need a week!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 AM
cjr

My house has never been good housekeeping seal of show perfect. I have many other interests. When guests come I can promise them clean sheets and clean dishes. dishes in sink after a meal may stay overnight, eventually they get done as does mcs cleaning.
Now I'd rather be sewing or doing other things.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:23 AM

I relate to your comment 100% and my husband is making comments lately about the house having fabric in every room and the house looks like it could use a cleaning. I told him i think it could too and since he dosen't have a hobby i told him clean it up, he didn't seem to like that comment......lol it is still a mess. I have to do the dishes and clean the kitchen every night, can't stand getting up to a dirty kitchen but that is the only think that really bothers me. I do a light weekly picking up and the bathrooms and vac once a week but don't clean like i used to, i would rather sew. I figure i spent enought years cleaning up after everybody and now there is just the 2 of us and i want to do my thing now.......
Old 07-09-2012, 10:25 AM

You only come this way once so do whatever gives you joy. My house is picked up, beds made, dishes done, laundry usually caught up, and I do make decent suppers. It's a house well lived in. If anyone is coming over to judge my housekeeping or quilting skills, they need not bother!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:30 AM

I asked DH yesterday how he felt about the fabric taking over the whole house. He said as long as he gets three meals a day he's happy.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 AM

I had a cleaner and neater house when the kids were home and I worked full time...kids are gone and the house gets done when I am in the mood. Dishes are always done....bathrooms clean....and bed is made every day...what else is there?

I came across the saying a long time ago...never made it in a sign but always meant to and to hang it on the front door.

"If you come to see me come anytime.....If you come to see my house make an appointment."

Have a good week !!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 AM

A spotless house is the sign of a broken sewing machine.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM

As SouthPStitches said, "It's a house well lived in." That's our place.

And it takes several days to prepare for over night company. We (meaning DH and I) just remarked last night that we need to invite someone over about once a week!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:40 AM

I can relate.....I should be in the kitchen right now. UPS just delivered fabric.....I'm petting!!!!