Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff >

Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff

Do you like to paint? Walls, and Stuff

Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 AM

Haven't used the one with primer so I can't tell. Ssometimes 2 coats is best when going over darker walls as I always seem to notice a spot that I missed after everything is put back into the room. May in Jersey
Old 10-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by marmalade
We need to paint a couple of rooms at our house & I had planned to buy the "grizzly" brand of paint , simply because you can get it with the primer already in it. I do have a question though for those who have used it. I have a fairly dark colour in my bedroom - dark raspberry. Will a lighter colour in this paint cover in 1 coat or will I still have to do the 2 coat thing? One coat I can handle, 2 overwhelms me...
This past summer I painted over dark forest green walls and painted them a sage green.

It took 2 coats of the Behr with primer paint. If I had used separate paint and primer, I would have had to do 1 coat of primer and 2 coats of paint...so it cut the work by 1/3.

I will only use Behr now.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:24 PM

Personally I hate to paint. Last time I painted a room I was 18 years old and painted my Mom's kitchen. Had to paint it 3 times because the paint was soooooo very thin. Didn't know better. I swore never again. Of course this was a lifetime ago (40+ yrs)

And so life being what it is....... my sweetie just offered to paint all of the rooms in a rental house we are moving into on the 1st. We get a huge discount on our move-in expensives, so of course it is worth it. Just wish I was out of town visiting a sick friend or had a broken leg or something, instead of here having to help :lol: BUT there is a rainbow at the end of this stormy weekend. We are going to use the HUGE master bedroom as 'our' sewing room, so I am being bribed. :-P

Behr is our choice for paint also. Gotta be the best paint out there for the $$$. The smell isn't so strong either.