Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: do you PINterest? OR

Banned
    Blog Entries

do you PINterest? OR

is somebody from here doing it for YOU...

check out all of the photos that have been "pinned" from the quilting board to pinterest!
    most without permission I am sure....this is why Pinterest is in hot water over copyright violations!

http://pinterest.com/source/quiltingboard.com/

I LOVE looking at Pinterest, they have some really neat stuff on there!...
    Country 1

BMP
    Blog Entries
    I dont think its a big deal, once its posted on the web and especially to a free site its basically free game to be pinned...

Blog Entries
    Not sure I understand what you are asking- You do realize that anything posted on the internet is viewable to the world. If you click on the pics they will bring you back to the Quilt board- so PINterest is NOT claiming they made the quilts, NOT claiming it as their own work- they are just giving more exposure for quilts that have already been posted on the internet.
    I personally don't use that site because when I went to sign up they wanted "permission" to access my address book and there was no way I was allowing that.
    To keep your mind fresh- learn one new thing a day !

My daughter signed me up for Pinterest late last year. She and most of her friends are newlyweds, and they post pictures of things they like for their home. I go to their Pinterest page for wedding, birthday and Christmas gift ideas.

I have not seen many of these very very beautiful quilts! Awesome!

I have a couple of pics that have been copied from QB to Pinterest.......I consider it a compliment! If I didn't want it copied by "anyone", then I would have never posted it anywhere on the web!!!!
    Dee

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." by George Bernard Shaw

Pinterest does follow DMCA procedures for removing images if someone claims copyright violation. They have also released a code that any website can use to block pinning from that site...something that should definitely be considered by QB.

More and more sites are blocking Pinterest, at least until they get their copyright issues fixed. Remember Napster, the music file sharing site? They got sued out of business for very similar reasons.
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    is somebody from here doing it for YOU...

check out all of the photos that have been "pinned" from the quilting board to pinterest!
    most without permission I am sure....this is why Pinterest is in hot water over copyright violations!

http://pinterest.com/source/quiltingboard.com/
    When I see a picture of something that interests me, I drag it to my desktop and "pin" it there...I see no reason to share that with the world. I saw one person's Pinterest page and found a few things I liked and dragged off...with no real interest in where they came from originally. That's the beef with Pinterest. Stuff gets put out there and goes further and further from its source, which is a concern to people who rely on copyright protection.

I've seen blogs lately with a "Pin-free" badge asking people not to pin stuff from the blog...

Anything that wants permission to access my address book is an automatic "no" for me.

Wow! that's really neat to see so many of them in one place ... Many of people on QB post on other pages as well so I don't understand the copyright concerns.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast