Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You?

Do you give a tip to your hairdresser? And what about a Christmas gift? I always give my hairdresser what I believe is a generous tip (more than 20%) so I don't usually give her a Christmas gift. Am I being cheap?

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I would like to tip and used to until I lost my job. I have a new job now, but the pay is way less than what I used to make, so I still don't tip. I will give her a tip at Christmas. My hairdresser does well, takes two or three trips a year so I don't think my tips is missed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    Do you give a tip to your hairdresser? And what about a Christmas gift? I always give my hairdresser what I believe is a generous tip (more than 20%) so I don't usually give her a Christmas gift. Am I being cheap?
    I do the same ... I only give a Christmas gift if I have an appointment right before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    I tip each time I go the recommended 20%. As far as Christmas, it depends on the year. If I have had a good year I do alot more "giving" but this year I know I won't be giving her anything extra but a card. The only extra I will probably be able to do this year (and I NEVER miss a year no matter what) is the toys for tots in our area :D I just love the thought of those little ones with their Santa gifts...he-he-he :D

I tip 20% for haircuts, perms. I don't go too often so I don't give a Christmas gift to her. This reminds me to make an appointment for a perm. May in Jersey

I don't have a hairdresser.

My father used to leave two bottles of scotch on the garbage cans for the trash men at Christmas. They never left over trash can area messy either. :)

I don't tip my hairdresser because she owns the shop. Plus, she just opened a new shop and went up $8 on her prices. Geesh.

Blog Entries
    I tip at each appointment - more than the 20% - nice haircut - nice lady.

Don't do gifts at Christmas for service-type people either but this year I may give 'something' to our mail lady who delivered the 50 packages from the recent 2 1/2" swap.

I do tip at least 20% but I only go ever 2 or 2 1/2 mos. This hairdresser is new to me so I don't know if I will give at Christmas time or not. If I do, it will be a gift card.

I tip my hairdresser 20% - 25%, and don't usually give anything extra at X-mas.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast