Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Do you or Are Taking advantage of the Summer Sales?

I don't know how it is in the state where you guys live but here in Longwood, Florida, August is the 80% sale lol.

Sales have been going on but I always wait for Aug, if I am shopping that year. I only shop every 5 years for clothing that I wear daily and for running errands. It seems that I change my taste for clothing every 5 years too. Is it the same with you.? Have your tastes changed several times over the years?

I now like my tops to have a short, 3/4 or full length sleeve and a V or scoop neck. I don't like the crew neck anymore lol.

Well today I got two pairs of white slacks, four pairs of Capri's, 4 pairs of shorts and seven tops (colors of the rainbow) I spent 80.00 and saved 266.00. 17 pieces, averaged 4.80 per piece. I think I did good and have such lovely clothes to wear to the end of this summer and the next four lol.

I got those at JC Penny and next week I will shop Macy's for their 80% off. I never buy winter clothing. I have enough to last me until death lol.

I can't imagine shopping Walmart. You would never get such a good deal. I have done this for years.

Great job with the shopping.

I have been getting my clothes at Coldwater Creek when they have their 70 - 80% off sales. I order all kinds of stuff, try it on and return what I don't want to my local store!

Blog Entries
    Well, I think I'm gonna check out my Penney's!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Glad you have enough winter clothes until your death hahaha
    That cracked me up!!
    You really got some great bargains!!! Goodie!!!!!!! :D

Yes, I do that too but my tastes don't seem to change much.
    And winter it's just jeans, turtlenecks and hoodies- I'm always cold!! lol :D
    My sister is always hot and she says she gets hot just looking at me with all my layers :mrgreen:

Sounds like you got a lot of great deals! Good job!

Unfortunately, I never stock up on off-season clothes because I sincerly hope to be a size or two smaller by the time the weather turns again!

Funny you should post this. I sent my jcp emails to my phone to use the coupon codes at the store today. I was planning on stopping on my way home from work today. I just love them lately...fashionable, current clothing, reasonable prices. And, is it just me, or do the employees seem friendlier?? Always a good experience when I go there.

Great deal, that is my kind of shopping I find that since I retired I do not shop as much since I already had a lot of casual clothes that I am finally able to wear now.

Great deals.

Wish I could, but I am on an enforced budget (I'm broke!) LOL Oh, well. It's good for the soul! And I have plenty of stash.