Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you use a GPS ?

don't leave your gps in your car...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by luckylindy333
    don't leave your gps in your car...
    best advice...mine has a nice leather case, very small, just slip in your purse.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    When I gave one to each of my kids, I told them not to beleive everything it says!
    THANK YOU...I call our Myrtle...she leads you astray...

Blog Entries
    thanks for the tip

but they can always get it from your registration in the car and plug it in your gps

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
    I have used a GPS for several years but never thought it could get me robbed. My daughter had her car stolen, with her GPS in it. She felt really violated until they used her GPS and hit the home directions and robbed her home too !!!!! WARNING!!!!! Put a nearby Church, School, Hospital, Police Station address for your home address. YOU know how to get home once you're there. I hope this saves someones property or life !! Don't be a victim !!!

Hmmm. And thats why we use a P.O. Box to get our mail. The only thing our physical street address is on is our emergency contact info. We have a Garmin in the DH truck and a built in Navigation Sys in my Acura. Had to purchase an updated CD for mine that cost $150.00 but it had a lot of corrected info on it.

Power Poster
    Thanks for the info. When we get to our destination we always hide it.

in the book that came with my gps it says to never leave it in the car unattended- i made a little quilted carrying pouch for ours- when we reach our destination i simply take it out of the car-
    but all of your personal information is always in the car (or supposed to be) with your registration and proof of insurance- and any (suave) theif can easily get your address just from your license plate- public information-
    anyone with a computer can quite easily find anything they want about anyone---with very little to go by.
    it is best to (try) to take steps to protect yourself-
    never leave anything in your vehicle anyone walking by can see and might want- always lock your doors-
    it's sad that it's such a dangerous world- people who are desparate sometimes make really bad choices.

They can easily bust in your windows as they did us while on vacation. We were in parking garage at hotel.They found things that were hidden because we left nothing of value in site. They told us later never park by elevator because it is a fast getaway for a thief. Didn't know that,my husband says don't have stuff and they can't steal it.

There was a problem with GPS being stolen from cars at concerts and sports events. The thief then used the GPS to rob the home assuming no one was home.

VERY good point!!!!! Sorry the bad people had to invade her home. Our checking account was compromised 2 weeks ago -- that was enough violation for me!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast