do your children quilt?

Old 01-13-2011, 05:58 PM

I have one daughter and 2 sons. My daughter is a math teacher and loves to quilt! She has a group of friends whom she has taught to quilt, and they have introduced her to people they know who quilt. My DDIL does not quilt, nor does she have any interest in learning since she works full time and has a new baby, however, she loves everything I have made for her and my DS and our sweet grandbaby. She even keeps 2 quilts out all the time in her livingroom and shows them to guests. It makes me feel appreciated and loved.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:24 PM

I got really lucky I have a daughter in law who quilts with me .....we are going to Ok City this weekend to the big quilt show ..... we try to sew with a group of friends every weekend .... she is wonderful to just sit and sew with ...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:44 PM

do you have any nieces that might be interested, my aunt got me interested
Old 01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

I have 3 boys and no daughter in laws yet. Maybe some day.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 PM

My daughter sews with me sometimes and she's made several quilts, but she also likes other crafts as well. Both of my sisters quilt, but we live a good distance apart. I sew with my cousins once a month. Both of my sons have made a quilt and said they enjoyed it. They look at fabrics and make suggestions, so who knows--they might do it again.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:11 PM

I have sons who don't, now I have DIL. One of them keeps buying fabrics and patterns she likes and adding them to my stash, just in case I might make them for her!!! She even puts sticky notes in my magazines on all the patterns she likes. LOL
Old 01-13-2011, 08:20 PM

not a one....One year my granddaughter spent a few days with me and I was teaching her by letting her make a few hotpads for her mom. They did turn out well for a 9 year old. She went back to Georgia and later she told me she entered her hot pads in the local fair and won some blue ribbons. Now that's more than her old grandma has done....
Old 01-13-2011, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
not a one....One year my granddaughter spent a few days with me and I was teaching her by letting her make a few hotpads for her mom. They did turn out well for a 9 year old. She went back to Georgia and later she told me she entered her hot pads in the local fair and won some blue ribbons. Now that's more than her old grandma has done....
My kids are still young, but they do sew. They like to sew, quilt, crochet, make jewelry, they scrapbook, garden...pretty much do it all. I even have my 3 yr old son sewing with me. I sit him on my lap and let him sew away. I'm hoping that they continue to do it. It's good to have hobbies...keeps them out of trouble.
I let the kids make things all year long and then they get to enter them into the town fair. You should see their faces light up when they win ribbons and they get a few dollars for each ribbon($3 for first, $2 for 2nd, $1 for 3rd).
Old 01-14-2011, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by hperttula123
Originally Posted by grandma Janice
My kids are still young, but they do sew. They like to sew, quilt, crochet, make jewelry, they scrapbook, garden...pretty much do it all. I even have my 3 yr old son sewing with me. I sit him on my lap and let him sew away. I'm hoping that they continue to do it. It's good to have hobbies...keeps them out of trouble.
I let the kids make things all year long and then they get to enter them into the town fair. You should see their faces light up when they win ribbons and they get a few dollars for each ribbon($3 for first, $2 for 2nd, $1 for 3rd).
That's a good idea and an incentive too!