Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone wake during the night singing in your head

It happens to me. Is it just an overactive mind? Just wondering.

community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    Yes and the worst part, I can never get back to sleep. I do believe it is an over active brain - which is impressive since the rest of me is not ;)

I thought I was the only one who did that.

Your brain is practicing--rehearsing something that you heard. This is great if you wanted to learn something new, bad if you are wishing to forget something annoying. Sometimes you can switch songs by singing something else in your mind. Our amazing brains do a whole lot of things while we are asleep. Now, if my housework could be done while I sleep that would be great!

It's possible the singing might be a medication side effect. Have you checked?

I always have music in my head. My mother made her living playing the piano so my earliest memories are of music. The worst is when I get a song lodged in my head and it keeps going on "repeat". I've found that I can sometimes get rid of it by singing it through, start to finish, out loud. If that fails, I can always get rid of it by singing "If I only had a Brain" but then that just takes its place! LOL

I sometimes write fantastic music when I am falling asleep - of course I can never remember it the next day!

Blog Entries
    I keep paper and pen beside my bed in case I wake with something extraordinary running through my mind! So far, the page is still blank except for grocery items or to do lists! LOL! I love music and it is always playing in my mind.

I have a condition called 'musicophylia" Music runs through my head constantly, most of it things I am making up. I can hear the different instruments as if I am conducting an orchestra. Wish I could write them all down!

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    Yes and the worst part, I can never get back to sleep. I do believe it is an over active brain - which is impressive since the rest of me is not ;)
    lol :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast