Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does your cat do things that make you think it's HUMAN? >

Does your cat do things that make you think it's HUMAN?

Does your cat do things that make you think it's HUMAN?

Old 09-30-2010, 07:15 AM

First, you need to know that my cat pays absolutely no attention to me, except at bed time, and again when it is time to get up.
I like to watch the news or a tv program when I go to bed. I have to keep my glasses on in order to see it. When Chessey, my cat, decides it is time for me to go to sleep, she gets on the bed and takes my glasses off my face! In the morning after I have hit snooze at least once, she trys to give me my glasses, which usually end up on the floor. I now have to put them in a case so I can find them in the morning. Now she uses her nose to turn on my touch lamp and then sits on the edge of the dresser and reaches over and pokes me with her front paw. My DH says that as soon as I get up and leave, she takes over my spot in the bed! This is the cat in my avitar. Does your cat have human like habits?
Old 09-30-2010, 07:25 AM

My older cat, Ming, who is 13 now doesn't know he's a cat. And he wants everything done on his schedule. In the mornings if I'm not awake when he thinks I should be, he gets right up in my face and stares at me until my eyes open. Usually the cat breath and the whiskers tickling my nose does the trick. If I try to fake him out he will just reach up and bite the end of my nose. He wants to eat and he wants to eat NOW :lol: :lol: I humor him because he is getting older and frail and I know he won't be around that much longer.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:28 AM

Not human, but I have a siamese who thinks she's a dog.
She's super needy, always wants to be pet, or sitting in your lap, she runs to greet us at the door when we come home, she plays fetch...
Old 09-30-2010, 07:54 AM

My cat, Maggie, is 16 years old. She has been a witch all of her life. She is not afraid of the devil himself. I have two Airedales. They are about 90 pounds each. Maggie puts them in their place all the time. They try to rag-tag her and she won't have. She will swat at them and they back off.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:22 AM

I swear my cat can talk. She can say: yes, no, mama, go. That's about it. She meows in different tones and those are the words that I hear. It's so cute. Although, my husband doesn't think it's cute at all!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:18 PM

My moms cat when she wanted in would (ok let me set this up we lived in 2 story home with a set of stairs up to the second level. She would get on the rail and jump to the
window and hang there until we let her in. if there was a fresh bag of food and we were waiting to use the rest of the "old" food she would drag the bag of cat food out to us so she would not have to eat the old food. She was so funny!
Old 09-30-2010, 11:53 PM

When I was pregnant with my first child she kicked so hard that my abdomen poked out really far. Both of my cats would poke her back. After my DD was born when she fussed in her cradle the cats would push on the bottom of it causing it to gently swing. These same two cats (a Siamese named Tootsie and a gray tabby named Justina) did the same with my other 2 children. They were wonderful companions to all the kids until Tootsie passed away at 21 yrs old and Justina at 17 yrs old.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 AM

We had a jet black cat named Zabo, who ruled the roost where our Doberman Pinschers were concerned. Zabo kept them in order, and all had bloody scratches on their noses till he got them trained. And he loved one of them, Kurt, we even boarded them at the Vet together in the same cage. That shocked the Vet and he made me put them together and just stood back shaking his head. I'll have to admit that Zabo was a savage little beast, hated everyone not in our family, and the Vet began to have a knee jerk reaction to all black cats brought in to him. One friend was upset because when she took her black cat in for a first appointment, he jerked away from it, dropping his stethoscope and asked if it was named Zabo. She never met Zabo and didn't know what he what he was talking about.

Zabo went to the Rainbow Bridge many years ago, but he is still missed and the kids still speak of him.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:30 AM

My DD has a cat that jumps in the tub with her! I always thought cats hated the water.