Dog Hair

Old 05-14-2010, 06:37 PM

To start off, I have to say that having a dog is totally my DH's idea. Growing up, dogs were not allowed in the house unless it was extreemly cold. Our dogs had well insolated, clean doghouses. Having said that, I also know that DH is a dog lover and I'm ok with that. We have a blonde cocker named Maggie. Well DS came back home to live and brought his miniture pincher (Squirt) who is black. Now I have black and blonde dog hair all over. It is driving me crazy :evil: We brush them and bathe them on a regular basis, but still have hair everywhere. Aside from vacuming and dust mopping 3 times a day, how do I keep it from taking over :roll: I can't put ANYTHING on without SOME dog hair showing :thumbdown: Ideas, please :!: :?: :idea:
Old 05-14-2010, 06:47 PM

I can't put ANYTHING on without SOME dog hair showing :thumbdown: Ideas, please :!: :?: :idea:[/quote]

Welcome to my world. We have 2 black dogs and 2 light colored dogs, and a cat. Not a day goes by without animal hair on something. Sorry, but I know of no way to stop it from happening. Wished I knew of a way to stop it for you. Good luck.

Kathy
Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM

I have none. My Mom gets frustrated, cause when she came to live with me I had 8 dogs and 5 cats. I am down to 5 dogs and 2 cats. She vacuums and sweeps pretty much everyday and puts mouse traps on the couch, beds, and anywhere she does not want a cat or dog.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:04 PM

It's part of the territory - it reminds me of having kids... before they come along you have control over your house.... then they come along and "break" you. It's give in or go insane. Cover what's important and vac more often - and get used to it. :wink: If you can come to have a relationship with them (a good one, that is!) then it really does help you tolerate more. (and having a bond with a dog can be incredibly fulfilling!!!)
Old 05-14-2010, 07:11 PM

Welcome to the world of "THE BEST FRIENDS YOU COULD ASK FOR!"...... We have an older black lab/cross......you guessed it....black....grey....white....and DD has her fawn coloured PUG.... if you ever want to see a HUGE amount of dog hair.....come on over.....(I have a special outfit I save for my grand dog Pug's visits....hehehe...)
Old 05-14-2010, 07:30 PM

Dog Hair? I just call it a design element. :lol:
Old 05-14-2010, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

It's everywhere in my house. I brush, sweep and clean and it's still there. I have lint rollers everywhere and use them often. I still love those dear sweet fur babies.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:52 PM

Shave them.

HEY, I was just kidding. Don't get so angry. I love our dog but not enough to give her full run of the house. She's an outside dog. I can't stand the hair. With DD's hair past her waist and mine closing in on my knees we have all the hair to deal with that we can handle. LOL
Old 05-15-2010, 02:24 AM

Just grumble, vent, grumble, vent and then give them some love!!! I have a black lab and a cat. The cat sheds, but the lab, OMG! I have a Kirby and can't even begin to tell you how many bags that thing goes through. Beige carpeting, black dog, carpeting always looks dirty!!! Oh well, he's 13 1/2 and not longed for the world much longer, so I'll deal with it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:07 AM

We have 5 shih tzus...they don't shed like other dogs..only when the hair gets long..it comes in clumps. I don't let them have run of the house. They hang out outside on the deck in warm weather..but when they are in the house..they are only in the kitchen. The kitchen gets vacumed once a day. At night they sleep all together inside a play pen. I think the only way to control the hair is to contain it. Can't imagine life without a dog..they are the best.