Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine.

Dog is having a problem with the noise from the sewing machine.

I hope someone has an idea what is going on with my dog.. He used to be very nice, and calm when I sewed.. he would either nap in the dog house, or near me somewhere.. The last couple of days have been a problem.. When I start to sew, he starts barking at me to stop, or whines.. At first I thought he wanted to go out, but that wasn't the problem.. I made him go out of the room, and sit, and think.. but I could see that he was upset.. I really want to enjoy his company, and continue sewing.. I'm not home that much, and he is at my mom's during the day..
    Barri

Cesar Milan the Dog Whisperer to the rescue. He's not getting enough exercise? Watch as many shows and read his books. I learned A LOT and I always had dogs for most of my 63 years. Found out I didn't know enough!

My guess? Ear problem of some kind. A trip to the vet is in order.

That is what I would think too. He might have an ear infection of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by winia View Post
    My guess? Ear problem of some kind. A trip to the vet is in order.

I agree. The sound of the motor may be hurting his ears for some reason
    Mona Marie
    I am too Blessed to be stressed and too Anointed to be disappointed

Blog Entries
    Or maybe there is something starting to go wrong with your machine motor producing a high pitched whine. Too high for our ears, but not for his?
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I don't think it's a discipline problem, as he is a good guy, and never used to have a problem with me doing anything. He gets a lot of exercise, as he hangs out chasing balls with a golden doodle.. I think I'll look in his ears.. and figure it out.. He has bad allergies, and was just in the hospital with asthma..
    Barri
    Quote Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
    I hope someone has an idea what is going on with my dog.. He used to be very nice, and calm when I sewed.. he would either nap in the dog house, or near me somewhere.. The last couple of days have been a problem.. When I start to sew, he starts barking at me to stop, or whines.. At first I thought he wanted to go out, but that wasn't the problem.. I made him go out of the room, and sit, and think.. but I could see that he was upset.. I really want to enjoy his company, and continue sewing.. I'm not home that much, and he is at my mom's during the day..
    Barri

Blog Entries
    I would take him to his vet.
    Sadiemae

Check your machine, maybe the wiring. Dogs can also smell a problem. I agree with him seeing the vet. I hope everything is okay.

Another thing, maybe its something else in the room making a noise or something. Is there anything new in your sewing space that he might not like?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast