Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Dog and a truck

  1. #11
    Power Poster Jingle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Outside St. Louis
    Posts
    23,748
    I'm sure they passed a law about not letting dogs ride in pickup beds, unless they are in a dog cage or dog crate. It use to bring bad feeling to me to see the poor dog trying to brace itself to keep from sliding around the bed. I haven't seen much of it for the last several years.

  2. #12
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,083
    Some states do have some sort of law concerning animals riding in the pick up bed. My husband goes to great lengths to insure our pups are safe riding back there. He installs a piece of round pipe about the thickness of a cigar, that runs the length of his toolboxes. There he attaches rings and a short lead to hook the dogs up to. They can't jump out or climb up on the boxes. He even has a "beware of dog" sign posted, so lookie lou's don't get to close.

    They still can wander in the bed of the truck and lay down to get out of the wind. We have a rubber bed mat so they don't slip and slide all over, and a piece of carpeting to lay on if the rubber mat is to hot.

  3. #13
    Super Member Harmony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brea, California
    Posts
    4,395
    This reinforces my very strong belief that the only good coyote is a DEAD coyote! They're just sharks with legs!

  4. #14
    Senior Member adriansmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Council Bluffs, IA
    Posts
    356
    I forwarded this on to dh. Arron and his family used to hunt coyote in the winter. The stories I have heard!!! They usually did not use their brain because their lack of personal safety appalls me. In all other matters relating to guns/hunting, they are extemely safe, but for some reason not while coyote hunting. Must be the cold froze their brains!! One year Arron went out for coyote and came home with three. It was so cold out that he decided to leave them outside until he could get them in to be tanned. He lined them up along the fence. It looked like they were running in our backyard. We definitely got a lot of looks from the neighbors!! It startled me everytime I saw it until I remembered why they were there.

  5. #15
    live2teach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Good Ole' West Virginia
    Posts
    1,639
    That is different!

  6. #16
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    6,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    This reinforces my very strong belief that the only good coyote is a DEAD coyote! They're just sharks with legs!
    I beg to differ, being Native American I don't see the need to have any animal killed that isn't necessary for providing for one's family. Here in Central Oregon cougars, bears are seen in and around town. And the first response is let's go kill the beast before it eats someone's poodle. Most seem to forget we have moved into their "home" and now they have no where to find food cause it's been replaced with a shopping mall or a house.
    A few weeks ago, while traveling home from Eugene my husband and I had the distinct privilege to see a cougar run across the road and disappear into the forest. And a few days before that a deer ran out in front of us and was clipped by our bumper. Thankfully he or she got up and ran off to be with his friends nearby. Minor damage was done to my truck, but it was worth the expense of fixing than seeing that beauty laying dead at my feet. I cried and thanked Wakan Tanka for saving that deer.

  7. #17
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,703
    there must be something wrong with this city girl, because i fail to see the humor in killing and stuffing an animal for a few laughs. kill one if you really have to, but don't make a joke out of it. it's not funny when we do it to each other.

  8. #18
    Lyn
    Lyn is offline
    Senior Member Lyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    This reinforces my very strong belief that the only good coyote is a DEAD coyote! They're just sharks with legs!
    I beg to differ, being Native American I don't see the need to have any animal killed that isn't necessary for providing for one's family. Here in Central Oregon cougars, bears are seen in and around town. And the first response is let's go kill the beast before it eats someone's poodle. Most seem to forget we have moved into their "home" and now they have no where to find food cause it's been replaced with a shopping mall or a house.
    A few weeks ago, while traveling home from Eugene my husband and I had the distinct privilege to see a cougar run across the road and disappear into the forest. And a few days before that a deer ran out in front of us and was clipped by our bumper. Thankfully he or she got up and ran off to be with his friends nearby. Minor damage was done to my truck, but it was worth the expense of fixing than seeing that beauty laying dead at my feet. I cried and thanked Wakan Tanka for saving that deer.
    I am Native American too and agree with you. There is nothing more thrilling than seeing a wild animal in my yard whether it be a deer, coyote, fox, etc. I never understood the thrill of the kill.

  9. #19
    Super Member QBeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn
    I am Native American too and agree with you. There is nothing more thrilling than seeing a wild animal in my yard whether it be a deer, coyote, fox, etc. I never understood the thrill of the kill.
    Ditto, from a plain old vanilla American. :) Most people crave the sight of a wild animal; I certainly do.

  10. #20
    Power Poster Mousie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    This reinforces my very strong belief that the only good coyote is a DEAD coyote! They're just sharks with legs!
    we have them around here, and believe me, that sound will send shivers up and down your spine, cause your so paralyzed with fear, for a minute, nothing else is moving!:shock:
    ...sharks with legs...too funny, ha ha ha...sharks with legs :roll: - :lol: ...

    BeachBirdie, that coyote on the back of that truck would sure
    make me look twice!!! :shock:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.