Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Don't touch!

Blog Entries
    I have never had a problem with my scissors being used by anyone other than myself. The law was layed down a long time ago. However, I have been threatened that my rotary cutter would be good to cut up a pizza. . . .
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

When the kids were around, I used $2 scissors from Hancocks for fabric since I could get more when they got dull....and when they got dull----longer than you'd think, BTW----they became family scissors. At one point we had about 10 pairs floating around. Since the kids are gone, you'd think I'd get myself a really nice pair but I haven't since I rotary cut about 95% of the time now....
    Mistakes are just opportunities to invent a new quilting technique!

I still adhere to the theory of - "You toucha my scissors, I breaka you face." Works around here! That applies to sewing and scrapbook scissors.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    I have a peg board for my stuff .. I put the worst scissors in the front so if they are grabbed .. I have no worries !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

I wrapped the handle part with BRIGHT PINK ribbon. It's only the guys around here that would even think of borrowing them, but certainly not with pink ribbon!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean????

Me neither.

I caught my hubby cutting the metal part of the top his medications come in. In the kitchen where the kitchen shears are right in plain sight. He had to dig in my sewing box for them. He explained, "well I knew you had scissors, I wasn't sure where the shears were." New scissors on tap plus sharpening of my old ones on tap on his nickel.

I once caught my beloved son cutting gasket material for his car with my Ginghers! You will note I said ONCE!

When I was married I put colored ribbon on the sissors to tell the good from the bad - and if I saw my good sissors in use for something other then fabric there was trouble to be had
    Nelda
    Become a Legend
    Be an Organ Doner

Blog Entries
    Growing up with a mother and grandmother that sewed I knew what scissors to used - and my family learned it also. My dh gave me some Gingher sicssors for Christmas several years ago - and then in August went to a Anita Goodesign embroidery party and both a set of scissors at a great price - going to love them and keep them in the lovely wooden box they came in.
    Quilting in the Desert

It really gets the message across to some who believe, "Mom will never know."
    Let God be your quilt and wrap you in His loving care.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast