Dreams

Old 03-04-2011, 09:14 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I don't like dreaming. I never feel rested when I dream. Everynight last week I dreamed about piecing quilts over and over again. Other times I dream about friends and family and places I have never been.

edited to say I dream in color and that I am a thin beautiful woman in my dreams, the opposite of what I actually look like.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:20 PM

I've been having dreams where I am in a massively large industrial city, both with 19th cent brick architecture and with "modern" metal ones. I can't quite figure those out as to the symbolism.

I tend to dream in color and vivid to the point where I can't tell if I am dreaming or if I am awake. (matrix anyone?)
Old 03-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by redkimba
I tend to dream in color and vivid to the point where I can't tell if I am dreaming or if I am awake. (matrix anyone?)
me too!! 2 nights ago in my dream I was laughing so hard that when I woke I almost peed on myself. Made a mad dash to the bathroom.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:39 PM

I dream a lot too! I keep paper and pen by the bed so I can write anything down as soon as I wake if I think it might be important. Sometimes I have really wonderful ideas for quilts or how to fix things around the house - of course in the dreams, everything works right the first time and turns out just like I imagine!

One night I dreamed I was in a house with many bathrooms but every time I went to use one, it was either broken or occupied! I woke up just-barely-in time to get to my real bathroom! LOL!
Old 03-04-2011, 09:55 PM

I have a dream of falling inside a cyclone when I'm upset. And there's another one I've had since I was a small child. Grandma used to ask me where I heard of such a house..we lived way back in the hills, wood stove, no inside bath or running water, no electricity. MY house must have been a Victorian, never did see the outside of it, but the inside I know well. After my 2nd sister died years ago, I dreamed that she met me at the door of my house and showed me where she'd changed some of the window drapes, then after that I didn't mourn her so much. I felt she was letting me know she was finally at peace, after fighting leukemia so many years. I've seen her at my house every few years..
Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 PM

yes I dream sometimes remember other times I dont....
Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 PM

I dream more when I am stressed about something. Usually, I am so tired I don't remember dreaming but lately I have been dreaming a lot. Guess I need to figure out what I am stressing over!
Old 03-05-2011, 12:40 AM

Since I have been on the Chantix for stopping snoking, I have had dreams almost every night. I am so tired that I nap in the afternoon and do not dream then. Some of them are just nuttier than all get out, while some make perfect sense. LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 01:32 AM
Kas

Originally Posted by scowlkat
I dream a lot too! I keep paper and pen by the bed so I can write anything down as soon as I wake if I think it might be important. Sometimes I have really wonderful ideas for quilts or how to fix things around the house - of course in the dreams, everything works right the first time and turns out just like I imagine!

One night I dreamed I was in a house with many bathrooms but every time I went to use one, it was either broken or occupied! I woke up just-barely-in time to get to my real bathroom! LOL!
I have the nasty bathroom dream, too! Either there is not a seat or it is covered in someone else's pee, or the toilet paper is all gone or there is no door on the stall! Time to wake up! I have also had dreams where I have screamed or cried because something was so aweful, only to be shaken awake by my hubby wanting to know why I was crying or screaming! I have also had the house dream, but I think that is sadness over the sale of my grandparents house (that I wanted) when I was in college. I feel at home in those dreams and I am usually telling someone of what it was like as a child to visit.

As a child I had a reccuring dream that my dad was in Hell and I was trying to find him. That was a crying in my sleep dream. When the Harry Potter series came out, there was a change bank that came out and the front of it was a picture of Hell in my dream! I saw the picture in a catalog and about dropped it! Freaked me out so bad! Now my really bad dreams are about my hubby having a girlfriend and laughing at me when I get upset about it. I am mad at him all day when I have that dream.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:06 AM

I dream often... always in color. I need to keep paper and pencil by the bed to write down details. Sometimes it's all in the details.
My best friend died of breast cancer in 2003. For one year I dreamed of her so often and we were always looking for her. She would pop out of very strange places... like from between the cushion and the chair... or from a floorboard of a cabin. After one year I no longer had the dreams. I figure she was finally at peace.

I have often looked up my dreams, as they are so vivid.