Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dreamt about a huge marshmallow..., Tell me Your Whacky Dreams >

Dreamt about a huge marshmallow..., Tell me Your Whacky Dreams

Dreamt about a huge marshmallow..., Tell me Your Whacky Dreams

Old 09-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

So, was talking to Skeat on her thread, about the throat space in sewing machines.
Yes, they are trying to make them wider, but do they actually make the space, 'taller', too?
Made a few jokes, waiting for some more feedback...and then last night, I dreamt about this sewing machine I was using, that was like it was made out of marshmallow, and would swell up, or kind of deflate, like it was reading your mind, as to what you needed at the moment...kind of like it was breathing :shock: ...ALIVE!
Well, I do call my machines by name! lol!
It wasn't sticky though...rest of dream is getting foggy now, but maybe I have stumbled onto a new invention...uh-huh, yeah right, LOL!
Skeat, if I get it figured out, I'll be sure to let you know...we could all use a bigger area to stuff our quilts in!
So, loving those whacky dreams we all sometimes have, please tell me about the ones you have had.
(I have more stories, but will hold 'em for now :mrgreen: )
Old 09-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Oh, I see ppl are reading, but are shy...so, here are two more dreams I have had in the past about my neighbors, and they thought they were very funny.

1st one: right after they got married, they bought a new mobile home, and I went over, in the dream, and they were sitting on the back, (top), of their couch...in their underwear, for some reason, -
"sit dancing"... :shock: :lol:

2nd dream about same neighbors:
The husband was on a bus, sitting on the floor in the aisle, and as he is a correctional officer, and the bus had all inmates, when they would get unruly, (he had no shirt on, btw)
he would lift his arm to expose his armpit, bc he was packing an -
arm-pedo! :lol:
He thought that was quite hilarious :lol:

Can you imagine if admin did that to us,
when we get rambunctious :lol: :lol: :lol:
maybe point a banana at us, and tell us, to "settle down!" :mrgreen:
Old 09-18-2009, 06:46 AM

Can't remember any recent interesting dreams, but you do seem to have the germ of an invention idea in yours! Now I don't have a sewing machine, so maybe this is a dumb question, but why not an adjustable throat? Why not one that you can move up and down the same way you might adjust the height of a seat?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:05 AM

The folks in chat a while back got to hear mine... afraid it would get this padlocked, as it was PG rated.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lisanne
Can't remember any recent interesting dreams, but you do seem to have the germ of an invention idea in yours! Now I don't have a sewing machine, so maybe this is a dumb question, but why not an adjustable throat? Why not one that you can move up and down the same way you might adjust the height of a seat?
hey, I think your onto something. Different settings on chairs, for different sized ppl...so why not adjustable sewing machines, for different sized quilts...I like that! We'll call it, the Lisanne! great idea :D
Old 09-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Moonpi
The folks in chat a while back got to hear mine... afraid it would get this padlocked, as it was PG rated.
well, Moonpi, not trying to pry your story out of you...but as to the rating?
I think if chit-chat was pg rated...G being too strict, and hard to figure out, and R, being too OTT...then your dream would fit here perfectly.
After your comment a while back about the hmmm, work boots...meat that tasted like...I forget, but I saved it in some board stuff...it was hilarious, so thinking your dream was probably pretty funny too.
After all, dreams are our sub-conscious giving free reign to our imaginations...
not the usual, restrictions we try to keep on it, in daytime. :D
Old 09-18-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Moonpi
LMAO!!! moonpi thats all i can say
Old 09-18-2009, 11:15 AM

Well...how do I explain things that...........in your dreams?! I'd say I'd like to know what your dinner was and beverage! That would be an awesome idea....hmmm....I know there is a nerf football and I have a freezer full of marshmallows....let me think....:)Come to think of it...don't we all think we can have machines that stretch w/our quilts while we cram them all in that throat?!! I think I do!LOL Skeat
Old 09-18-2009, 11:30 AM

I think i have learned something from this and that is dont snack too late at night becouse it might come back on me in my dreams. lol Chris
Old 09-18-2009, 12:06 PM

Don't snack too late - and don't eat a big dinner. DH and I went out last night for my birthday, and really ate too much. Last night I dreamed I was visiting friends, and going to the office, etc., and would repeatedly find that everyone but me knew I was in my "birthday suit." :oops: It just kept happening over and over. You'd think I would have learned and covered up before leaving the house again! :lol: It was just a dream, but I woke up feeling embarrased. Or, should I say "bare***ed?"