Drenched in the South

Old 08-14-2016, 03:22 AM

The pictures on TV are terrible. The lady and little white dog someone pulled out of a red convertible. I bet she had one more breath of air in there as it was under water. Looked like the little dog made it too.

All the rain has missed us in Northern Indiana.

Stay safe.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:37 AM

I was beginning to think someone had an umbrella over us since it rained so hard all around us. When we finally got some rain (which we needed), it was far less than the surrounding areas. But we are watching the level of the river out back for flow from north of us. May take a couple days to affect us. Ever feel like you were living on a time bomb?
Old 08-14-2016, 07:26 AM

It looks like the storms have moved west. We've had a lot of rain and lost power this morning. I saw some reports of high water in the area. Thank God our house sits up high and drains onto the golf course. I hope the people near the bayou who got flooded in April are okay.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:37 AM

We had half a inch yesterday and a trace this morning. Could still use a couple of inches more. Mabey some of yours will move this way. Praying for those that have been flooded so bad.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:14 AM

Pretty Ominous! I am so very grateful that we are high and sorta dry. Only 15 minutes to the north and 15 minutes to the west are REAL bad. Major interstates closed, thousands stranded. National guard helicoptering in food (MRE) and water. Heard a semi driver with a load of vegetables opened up his truck and gave away everything. Best Wishes to all in this weather event! Keep safe!
Old 08-14-2016, 02:21 PM

What a great way to spend your time when you are homebound. I am looking forward to seeing a post of your completed quilt.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:28 PM

Im here in the middle of this water. Its bad! Have not been able to get to my mom, daughter and other relatives. Water is in their houses and they are staying with ones with dry homes. Hope tomorrow we can get to them. There is no one that has not experenced some damage.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:59 PM
Power Poster

We recently moved from Baton Rouge and still have many good friends there that are in serious trouble. Some
are on high ground and our old subdivision stayed dry but we know what a misery it all is and how long it will take for any kind of recovery. Insurance adjusters will be backed up. Tradesman will be backed up. Supplies will be in demand. Money will be tight. Hotels overcrowded. Not everyone has family to take them in. So many people have lost everything and even with good insurance life will never be the same for them. We need a water pipeline to send the overflow to drought areas!
Old 08-15-2016, 03:28 AM

I'm sure there are quilters that have lost their stash, books, machines etc. I'm sorting a lot of my stuff and would be willing to send it down to the area. Is there a coordinator? Address? Is this a good idea?

Marcia
Old 08-15-2016, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I'm sure there are quilters that have lost their stash, books, machines etc. I'm sorting a lot of my stuff and would be willing to send it down to the area. Is there a coordinator? Address? Is this a good idea?

Marcia
The largest guild in this area is River City Quilt Guild. http://rivercityquilts.blogspot.com/...-officers.html They would know the answer to your question.