Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dressmakers sewing machines >

Dressmakers sewing machines

Dressmakers sewing machines

Old 08-25-2011, 12:49 PM

Has any one on the quilting board heard of a Dressmaker model 750 sewing machine, and if so do you know anything about them, I found one for $14.00 I want to buy for my 11 year old granddaughter, but know knowing about them. are they good machines? and if so where could I find a manual for it? I've searched for hours trying to come up with information but no luck, then thought of all you smart people on the board, :-D Hoping someone can help.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:56 PM

I had one and it sewed very well gave it to a friend after my DH gave me a new singer sewed a lot of kids clothes with it and when my DML passed away I got her viking gave the singer to DD she said it finaly quit.
Old 08-25-2011, 01:58 PM

I had a white my father gave to me so I would make certains for him and my mother and it sewed very well gave it to a friend after my DH gave me a new singer sewed a lot of kids clothes with it and when my DML passed away I got her viking gave the singer to DD she said it finaly quit.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:54 PM

I found one at my local Goodwill store a few months back. I don't know the model #, but a friend who repaired machines before he retired said I had a good machine. I need a cabinet for it, but Dressmakers were used in a lot of home ec high school classes.