Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: dye cottage coming along

Blog Entries

dye cottage coming along

My little dye cottage is coming along, read it on my QB blog http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/leaha-7839.html, I painted the inside Wed, (cotton fluff, and white) and installed the Alure flooring Thur. and Friday, today will get a couple of the cupboards in. Will have to wait until my carpenter comes back to put in the counter and cupboards, then just the trim to do. Oh can hardly wait!! So ready to get back to dyeing! Having heat and air, makes it great to be able to work out there all year.

I have my washer, and have ordered spin dryer, have all my buckets and dye tools, so ready to get going!

I could use some help from all of you, I need a name for my cottage. And if all goes well I will get another shed, probably a barn one to go with my cottage, for my finished items for sale. But what to call my little business?? This is one area I am so not good at, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Will post more pictures when it is all done.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-08-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: pm
    dare to dream

Blog Entries
    I am so jealous. I would love to come and play there. I am just learning to dye fabris. It is something that has been on my bucket list for some time. Just had a class last night at my guild meeting. So much fun and I can see so many possibilities for fun projects. I can't wait to play some more.

Blog Entries
    I am interested in doing some dying myself!! I am going to subscribe to this thread and hopefully learn a thing or two. How about:
    Dyeing to try it!
    Trying to Dye it!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    House of dyes or cottage dyed fabrics
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

pal
    Follow your Rainbow
    PACE - Positive Attitude Changes Everything

"All things are literally better, lovlier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."

How about Cottage Dye Works, Your cottage is adorable!!
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

My place to Dye. Playhouse for Dyers.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

What a wonderful project...have fun...

I would like to see an inside pic since I heard about that kind of flooring. this place is picture perfect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhaess View Post
    What a wonderful project...have fun...