Dyed hair

Old 09-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Power Poster

I sometimes dye my hair at home or a salon but no matter where or how much it cost, I have dyed looking hair, anyone can spot a head full of dyed hair. I quit dying my hair and let it be what it wanted to be. I went to a new hairdresser for a cut and she was excited about a new dye procedure she had learned. I think it's been around for a long time but in a small town in the South, it slow to get a hairdresser to learn new methods. She wanted me to try it so I said fine. She put the color on my hair in thin streaks about 1/2" apart. Then she combed through it one time, only one time. After it set, washed it out and my hair looks great. It does not look like a head full of dyed hair, lots of different shades of my original color from dark, med, light to some of the silver. Not a big noticeable change but a nice looking change.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 PM

That sound beautiful. My hair in front is white and I love it but the back is still black, grey silver white. A little bit of everything. I had it blonde for awhile but having black hair all of my life, my coloring is not right for a blonde. So I guess I will live with whatever it tuns out.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

That sounds very interesting, I will have to give it a try on DD's hair :D:D:D
Old 09-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

That's wonderful. I always dye my own hair and it always looks good but this last time I bought a dark auburn and my hair had pink streaks running through it. Oh you should have seen the looks I got when I went to wm. I just laughed about it. It has toned down after several washings.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

I dye mine at home, because with this amount of hair it is waaaay too espensive to have it done. I have to use two boxes of color. If I go too dark it looks dyed, but usually if it is lighter it looks etter. It is better than the white it turns. If it was a pretty silver I would leave it, but like the rest of my family it is white.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

I'd trade you my silver for your white any day!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Power Poster

When still in Houston i had my hair high lighted. then after going gray a lot i had it "low" lighted. they did parts and then went in that part with the long end of the comb and made a crooked part going in and out, took only half of that amount of hair, laid foil under it and put on color. folded up the foil and went on to another crooked part, etc.
several colors can be added this way. Colorado is just now (after living up here 20 yrs) getting caught on to this method. all they knew here was frosting( pulling hair through holes in a plastic cap). yuck.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Sounds like what I need. A couple of years ago my mom asked what I was putting in my hair. I told her it was Grey! DH has not let me forget it either. My hair is now the same color as my skin, and just looks blah.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
this last time I bought a dark auburn and my hair had pink streaks running through it. Oh you should have seen the looks I got when I went to wm. I just laughed about it. It has toned down after several washings.
I have a hard time finding a color for my red hair. If I go with an auburn or red it turns out magenta or orange. If I go with brown I lose the red highlights. I've been going brown and it does tone down after several washings. But just as it's getting where I like it I'm seeing gray roots and have to dye again. Just my vanity I guess. All my life I've gotten compliments on my hair so I've considered it one of my assets. I hate to see it go.
Old 09-13-2010, 03:42 PM

I have never dyed my hair and it is true black but someone is always asking what color I use on it. I told them if they could find a true black like mine that did not look dyed I would patent it for them. LOL. I have a few grey/white in the front but my DH says in the back I am getting more. I can't see it though. LOL. I think it is fun if you have hair the color you can dye it well, my DD and DIL both do it and it is different all the time but nice. I call them my CHameleons. Have fun wtih the "dye" group