A Early Christmas Gift

Old 12-24-2010, 03:40 PM

This year we just have no money to buy gifts for each other, so dh knew what I really wanted and it didn't cost a cent except to go get it. He got me two beautiful Maine Coon Kittens that are 8 weeks old.
They are nothing but a big puff of grey fur. Both boys(we hope) and identical. You can't tell one from the other but one gets into everything so he is Smokey and the other one is quiet so her Bashful Bandit.I'd take a picture but have no batteries for my camera, they sit in the palm of my hand they are so tiny.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:42 PM

The bestest Christmas gift ever! What a joy. I know they are just precious.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

Awwww what a sweet set of gifts :D:D:D
Old 12-24-2010, 07:30 PM

What a sweet gift. :)
Old 12-24-2010, 07:39 PM

we have a maine coone, he is one of the sweetests cats ive ever had. he is curled up next to me right now. keeps me warm :-D
the other six kitties will be over here when i go to bed. love my furbabies.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Power Poster

What a great gift!
Old 12-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

I cannot imagine a better gift!!!!!!!!!! Awww, they sound darling! We had a Maine Coon and loved him to pieces :D
Post a pic when you can!
Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D
Old 12-24-2010, 10:11 PM

Oh how sweet of your hubby! I would love to have a Maine coon someday.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:12 PM

Lucky, Lucky girl!!! I received an early present to. He is B/W, 8 mo cat I adopted from the humane society. I know how to pick them. He is so people friendly, sweet, playful. My dogs are getting along with him good, my 18 yr old cat is coming around. At least your kitties will have each other to play with you. I posted pic's of Ziggy the other day, maybe to saw them???

Wishing you a wonderful holiday. :-D
Old 12-25-2010, 04:35 AM

I had a Maine Coon that I adopted at 4 weeks and 4 days. Never wanted a Maine Coon, just couldn't leave her behind. I was raised with/showed Siamese. But she was MY girl. Her name was Kassandra - Kassi for Short - but usually Miss Priss. She would preen her tail for HOURS. And she actually LOVED being at the groomer. When we moved to Virginia, the new groomer wanted to drug her to groom her, and I asked that she try to start the groom without it and see how she does. She called me a little after I left her. She could not begin to tell me how great she was. AND she lowered her price - $75 to $35 - because she couldn't charge me that much for grooming such a wonderful girl. She said that she had NEVER seen or heard of a cat that loved to be groomed. When we moved to this area, I had the same conversation with the groomer at the vet. Karen tried without the drugs and was amazed. She was my beautiful baby girl.

Unfortunately, I lost her Thanksgiving 2008. She started coughing up black blood. She was home for Thanksgiving weekend, but admitted to the vet's on Monday. She was not strong enough for surgery but the assumption was that she had stomach cancer. I put her to sleep on Wednesday. While I stood there and held my beautiful girl, Karen was right there with me, crying just as hard. I miss my Miss Priss.

I posted pictures of the beautiful Snowshoe girl that I rescued a few weeks ago. She is a big beautiful girl, like my Kassi, but not a Miss Priss. She is still young so maybe later. But no one can ever replace my Miss Priss.

Maine Coons are just about the most laid back, loving cat out there. And they are a lot like dogs. They will follow you around the house and always want to be close. After growing up with Siamese and their attitudes, Maine Coon were a huge change - but a wonderful one.

Those boys - hope - will be a bright spot in your life for a long long time. You will remember this Christmas forever. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: