Eavesdropping

Old 09-04-2011, 05:51 PM

I was just looking around the Board and I hit the Live Chat button. What is this? People were messaging rapidly, and someone knew I was there. I felt like I was eavesdropping or spying. Please explain what this is and what I did.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 PM

People drop in and write what they want. It's like being at a party and trying to be in several conversations at once!
Old 09-04-2011, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
I was just looking around the Board and I hit the Live Chat button. What is this? People were messaging rapidly, and someone knew I was there. I felt like I was eavesdropping or spying. Please explain what this is and what I did.
that is a live chat room , please come on in and chat with us. its a lot of fun and we talk about everything. if u need help with sewing we try and help and we share ideas. ...How u did it u clicked on the live chat at the top of this page. you are welcome to come join us any time.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:59 PM

You just went into the chat room, it is there for talking with our fellow board members. (You are not eavesdropping, everyone knows the conversations are public). Drop back by and join the conversation.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

Like the others have said- it is a live chat room- you can "talk" about almost anything/everything with fellow board members :lol: If you have a question pop in and ask - everyone is Welcome to chat
Old 09-04-2011, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
I did the same thing one time ,I didn't waste anytime backing right out of there lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 09-04-2011, 11:25 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by isnthatodd
People drop in and write what they want. It's like being at a party and trying to be in several conversations at once!
Best description award!!!!:thumbup:

Jan in VA
Old 09-05-2011, 03:33 AM

It's a nice way to make a "new" friend or two. Drop by, talk if you want, or eavesdrop, I've learned alot there. Hope to talk to you soon.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:00 AM

Used to go in there a lot. If they are talking about quilting, I jump in. If they are talking about other stuff, I drop back out....
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 AM

I've been there several times and it is fun and informative....one day we discussed cooking/recipes;another time we talked about our weather and how we were coping........one day we talked about a wedding dress one of the ladies was making......

When you click on it your ID is shown immediately and the folks that I've met there have been really nice and cordial in bringing me into the conversations.