Eleanor Burns

Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by fishhavengirl View Post
Holy cow! What does her private life have to do with anything related to quilting. If she had a million step kids and claimed them all it isn't anyone's business....sheesh!

Hi, Eleanor Burns chooses to share how her private life interconnects w her quilting life/business. She is an incredible role-model in both: she is a strong, intelligent woman, a talented businessperson and quilter, and a kind individual as evidenced by her ability to set the past aside and embrace her sons' half-siblings. Her humanity and integrity are choice behaviors that will guide women/men in similar situations and we can all learn from them.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:13 PM

i have directv and rfd comes on channel 345
Old 03-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

She's just honest and doesn't do it often. She had a very hard time but made it!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 PM

I bet it's her ex's child. I love her! Her "don't sweat it" attitude and down-to-earth instructions helped me so much when I first started quilting. I met her in 1995 in Paducah...actually I chased her down in the Kentucky Oaks Mall and she was nice enough to stop and let me babble at her about how much I loved her. My husband was probably so embarrassed.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvstitches View Post
The little girl belongs to her x-husband and his wife.
Sounds like they really get along which is so nice.
I love Eleanore Burns!
Yes, the little girl belongs to her ex-husband. Take s a strong woman to embrace the child. Good for her. Yes, she does have a long time gentleman friend but I don't think she will every marry again just like Oprah.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:30 PM

On one of last year's block party programs, she came out (sort of) wearing her wedding dress, and later showed her wedding photos. In a more recent show, she spoke of her gentleman friend's nickname for her when she's "grumpy". Both instances were sweet, endearing, and silly...classic Eleanore Burns. I love her honesty, wit, and outlook on life, and I love to laugh along w her as I'm working away. She reminds me to not take myself too seriously