Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Embroidering with Angelina Fiber

Blog Entries

Embroidering with Angelina Fiber

I had a request to show pictures of two picture frames that I made. The blue one is with the design my teacher made and you can see the shine on the snowman which is the Angelina fibers showing thru. The second, I modified. The inside of the picture frame was from a single design (not a picture frame) that I modified to put in the center so if you don't have a picture in it you still have something to look at. You can see the center snowman doesn't have a sheen to it because I didn't use the fiber on it; just on the outer frame snowman.

I'm trying new things and would to start selling them when I get better or have more of what I now know how to do. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Judy

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Very pretty! I have never heard of Angelina Fiber. What is it and where do you get it?

Blog Entries
    angelina fiber is like fine spun fiberglass. you can read about it here http://www.texturatrading.com/angelina.html
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Central Ohio Quilter View Post
    Very pretty! I have never heard of Angelina Fiber. What is it and where do you get it?
    It really reminds me of mohair. Its has the finish like mylar when it's ironed. You have to becareful not to iron it too much or it'll get too dark. I get it at my LQS but you can also order it online. They even sell a film. I like the fiber because you can mix it with other colors and get different results.
    Judy