Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Embroidery machine help please >

Embroidery machine help please

Embroidery machine help please

Old 03-21-2016, 11:42 AM

I have purchased the needle holders but with my newer machines there has been one included. I also place a piece of paper or fabric over the hole on the machine so the needle doesn't fall through into the machine.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:20 PM

Sometimes even though you've losened the screw enough to take out the needle,you may have to losen it a little bit more to get the next needle in. If you know in what direction the needle goes in as far as the flat side then you can use a piece of styrofoam and insert the sharp part in the foam and use it to put the needle in, anything that will hold it upright without being to hard to dull the needle.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:21 AM

You know, MarleneC, you may be right. I think my newest machine may have one of those gadgets. Unfortunately, most of my sewing stuff is already packed up as I am preparing to move to Va soon. Darn! And I hadn't even thought of using styrofoam. But I am beginning to think there is a problem with the screw as there seems to be an awful lot of play in it. Oh well, Amazon says my order should arrive in a day or so. Thanks everybody.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:25 AM

Just to let you all know, I finally took my machine in to the shop. Even with the needle holder thingie I got from Amazon, I was not having any luck. I actually got the needle in a couple of times but it would fall out after a bit of sewing. I thought I got the needle in as far as it would go but apparently not. Anyway the tech put the needle in with no problem and it is embroidering with no problems! Like I said, i don't ever plan on changing the needle again. (Just kidding). Anyway thanks for all the help.