End of June

Old 06-30-2010, 04:20 AM
Banned

Seems unreal that it is already the last day of June.
We have all come a long way in the first 6 months of this year, yet I feel I have so much more to accomplish and so little time.

Let's take part of the day to reflect back and look ahead.

Prayers for all those going through rough times whatever they may be.

Prayers of thanks for answered prayers.

We are blessed to have found each other on this board and to have made so many friends even though we may never meet in person. You feel like a family to me. (Some closer than family. We can pick our friends, but not our family).

Looking back for me - I've learned a lot about quilting, made several different items. I've learned that prayers work over and over again. I've learned that no matter what there is always someone out there to talk to and lean on (That you QB friends).

Looking ahead - continue to quilt and finish several projects. Expand my horizons and attend a quilt show to learn and see all I can. Continue my pursuit of my own fabric store. And love and appreciate my family even more than I already do.

And while we are all reflecting - sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or whatever you enjoy.

Have a great day!
Happy Quilting
Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-85051.jpe  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:41 AM

Thank you Phyllis for the reminder of all we have to be thankful for. I woke up this morning feeling a little down and a little overwhelmed at all I have to do today. Thank God I woke up and thank God I can do all that I have to do.

Every once in awhile we all need that little "kick in the butt" to remind us of what great lives we have. Thanks!!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 AM

Phyllis, If you open your own fabric store then I for sure want to come to it once in awhile. We plan on moving to eastern TN, hopefully within the next year or so. As I look back I think of the many hours I have spent sitting here reading so much of what everyone has to say. It's made me a calmer quilter, fore now I realize I am not the only one that has days that I rip and rip and other days that are better, but I always end up with a project will worth the ripping.

I have enjoyed looking at all the great quilts other projects everyone has posted, that otherwise I could never have had a chance to see, and each one giving me some kind of inspiration. Answering questions and helping other quilters with a problem when it arises. Great tutorials and links.

I have enjoyed the fact that not all of this board is just for quilting, but for posting a lot of fun stuff and being able to vent in one way or another at times. To share pictures of their family, pets, flowers and write stories. Quilters are a different breed. They seem to have a different kind of heart. Maybe it is the colors or the creativity and dreams of the next project that sets them apart , but it has been fun being here and I know I will spend way too many more hours in the future returning for more inspiration and sharing. Thanks to everyone here.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingGrannie
Seems unreal that it is already the last day of June.
We have all come a long way in the first 6 months of this year, yet I feel I have so much more to accomplish and so little time.

Let's take part of the day to reflect back and look ahead.

Prayers for all those going through rough times whatever they may be.

Prayers of thanks for answered prayers.

We are blessed to have found each other on this board and to have made so many friends even though we may never meet in person. You feel like a family to me. (Some closer than family. We can pick our friends, but not our family).

Looking back for me - I've learned a lot about quilting, made several different items. I've learned that prayers work over and over again. I've learned that no matter what there is always someone out there to talk to and lean on (That you QB friends).

Looking ahead - continue to quilt and finish several projects. Expand my horizons and attend a quilt show to learn and see all I can. Continue my pursuit of my own fabric store. And love and appreciate my family even more than I already do.

And while we are all reflecting - sit back and enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or whatever you enjoy.

Have a great day!
Happy Quilting
Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
I agree.You need to open your store online also so we can all buy from you!!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for the reminder. :D:D:D
We all have so much to be grateful and thankful for, and to look forward to... some days we just need a gentle reminder like this to bring them all out :D:D:D
Old 06-30-2010, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Phyllis, Thank you for the reminders!!!
We are truly blessed with so much in our lives if we focus on what we have instead of what we don't have. And I sure value my QB friends!! :)
Old 06-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Yes we are truly bless good to be reminded once in awhile.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:28 PM

Thank you Phyllis! We all need a reality check now & then & take time to stop & smell the roses
Old 07-01-2010, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Thank you. I love the coffee and your reminder to reflect on our blessing.