Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: End of Life

I live in a NH/RC ( Lutheran)(nursing home/ rehabilitation center) and when residents here are very ill or going to pass we put a butterfly on the name plate outside their door. This goes either to the family or with the resident. When the Funeral Home is ready to leave the building their is a special Pall(blanket) that is draped over the body, a candle is lit and staff go with the family to the front door. (This is of course with permission of the family). This provides closure for the staff & extra support for the families. ( I will check for details & find out how this came about if anyone is interested.)

The hursing home/rehab center seems like a very caring facility. The place my mother was in did not care one bit about her only that they answered the call button within the time frame they are supposed to. Notice I said answered the call button but nothing about tending to her needs. Anyhow....this is very kind and thoughtful what you do for the residents.

Blog Entries
    That's very nice!!

Blog Entries
    I think that's a wonderful thing to do.
    My father's nsg home didn't even acknowledge that his body was being moved out to the hearse.

what a heartwarming tradition

That must be a caring wonderful nursing home. You don't find that very often.

Blog Entries
    Some facilities better than others. This place sounds great! My father's nursing home killed him due to neglect.