Every six months..yuck

Old 08-25-2011, 04:57 PM

So every six months I have to go into my cardiologist to have my pacemaker checked. I would love to do the phone checks, but my insurance would not cover it, so we decided to do it this way. I hate it because my appts are always at 9:00 am and I just don't feel good for the rest of the day! This is the first time I have been on here today, and definately no sewing at all. A perfectly good day wasted. :(
Well, just wanted to vent, know I have to have it but sure don't have to like it! Guess tomorrow is another day..and I hope I feel better!!! Night all, thanks for letting me get that out of my system!! :?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:00 PM

So Sorry Michele! Feel free to vent to us anytime.
Get a good nights rest and tomorrow will be a better day :)
Old 08-25-2011, 05:02 PM

Do they like, stop your heart or something to "check" it? Why do you end up feeling rotten?
Old 08-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Sad to hear you aren't feeling well. I pray tomorrow will bring you much strength and energy to have a fun day of sewing and everything else that you want to tackle! Lifting you in prayers!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by michelehuston
So every six months I have to go into my cardiologist to have my pacemaker checked. I would love to do the phone checks, but my insurance would not cover it, so we decided to do it this way. I hate it because my appts are always at 9:00 am and I just don't feel good for the rest of the day! This is the first time I have been on here today, and definately no sewing at all. A perfectly good day wasted. :(
Well, just wanted to vent, know I have to have it but sure don't have to like it! Guess tomorrow is another day..and I hope I feel better!!! Night all, thanks for letting me get that out of my system!! :?
So sorry for you. I shall pray for a better day tomorrow. You can always come here and vent with no adverse response from me. A lot of times venting is all it takes to relieve your poor health and get you jump started again. Take a big breath in, exhale it out and know you are always welcome here. :thumbup:
Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM

When my Nana had a pacemaker inserted... AS they were doing the procedure, she asked the doctor for a 30 year warranty. Not good to make the doctor laugh during a procedure. LOL. I think she was 70 at the time. She has had it replaced once and she is doing great at 94!!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:57 PM

Hope u feel better ñ u can get back to sewing! What do they do to make u feel so bad?
Old 08-25-2011, 06:14 PM

I hate it when they play with the speed on mine. I really hate it when they race my heart. But, I don't seem to have any long term effects from it. Within 10 minutes or so I feel pretty much back to normal. My cardiologist said they don't do the phone checks with the newer pacemakers. I know my Mom did phone checks with her first one, but not with her second. Hope you feel better tomorrow.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:17 PM

My DH has his checked every 6 months and he doesn't have a problem with it. Very simple procedure for him. I guess I don't understand why it upsets you. Just try to relax and it should go smoothly.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

Get a good nights rest and you will feel better tomorrow.