Exciting Ride

Old 05-15-2009, 03:47 PM

I would have also had to go home to put on clean panties :oops: .
Old 05-15-2009, 05:50 PM

Jeepers! Not only would I have to go home someone would have to take me home. I for sure would have a problem working the rest of the day. I so glad you are okay and could handle the scare.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Wow! You didn't have to go to an amusement park! Glad you made the trip down alright. I would have p my paints! :lol: :lol:

Ninnie
This answer fits me too!!! straight to the lqs to buy fabric to make new pants, to replace the ones i just ruined! whoooooaaaaa! :shock:
Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 PM

THANK YOU for letting me know that a plummeting elevator ride is something that can be survived!!!
My recurring nightmare involves elevators that are too heavy to move, dropping, etc. I would never test the jump theory based on the idea that my weight crashing down combined with the already plummeting elevator would be just the straw to break the cable. :(
The doors would most likely open for all to see me spread-eagled on the floor, distributing my weight for less impact :)
Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Power Poster

Wow. That would be so scary. We ride in the elevator everyday at work. One of my co-workers called to tell us she was stuck between the fourth and fifth floor. Only problem is we only have four floors. Got her out eventually. Still not as scary as your experience.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:45 AM

Boy, I'm not sure I would have been able to walk away so steadily and calmly.
Old 05-16-2009, 04:47 AM

OMG! I'm glad you are ok!!!
I think it would have taken me a bit to get back on and I"m with you...Nope, not walking up all those stairs!
Old 05-16-2009, 07:27 AM

I would have had a heart attack. Glad you are ok had to be very scarey,
Old 05-16-2009, 07:42 AM

As I read this, my legs were turning to jello. I was with you girl- know how you feel. And mine was only 2 floors. I don't know if how I would feel after 19 floors. But, I'd probably do the same- get right back on.

The elevators are so old in the Courthouse, the summer weather makes them act up. I can tell by the way the door opens and whether the floor lines up right whether or not it's ready to "take a break". Luckily, 1 time I was able to trick it and get it to open on a floor, got off, then took the steps.

I don't have a fear of elevators, but my girlfriend suffered a back injury when she was caught in a stuck one between floors, Someone tried to pull her up through the open doors and dropped her. She landed on her back and has had problems for several years now.

(Do you think this was a reason for you to go have a Starbuck's?)
Old 05-16-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang
THANK YOU for letting me know that a plummeting elevator ride is something that can be survived!!!
My recurring nightmare involves elevators that are too heavy to move, dropping, etc. I would never test the jump theory based on the idea that my weight crashing down combined with the already plummeting elevator would be just the straw to break the cable. :(
The doors would most likely open for all to see me spread-eagled on the floor, distributing my weight for less impact :)
Just when I was quivering with elevator fear, BZANG had me gut-laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing like a good laugh to chase the worries away.

You are one WONDERFUL woman to think of others before yourself to actually get in that elevator and go back to work. Let's take a vote and see how many of us would have done that - - - raise your hands girls (I'm sitting on mine)