Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Eye glass case

Blog Entries

Eye glass case

I am looking for a tut online that shows you how to sew an eyeglass case. This one you sew two pieces fabric together to form a tube, one outer fabric and one lining fabric. Then somehow you just turn the fabric and the lining just folds into the case. Really neat. Please advise

Blog Entries
    I'm interested to see what comes up. Sorry I can't help you.
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

Search online for 'eyeglass case to sew' and you will have many patterns to choose from. One may even be the pattern you are looking for.
    Proud grandma of Coast Guard grandson and Air Force granddaughter!

Blog Entries
    I use pot holders. I have the oversized sunglasses that fit over my glasses. Just sew up the end and side and it makes a nice case. Lots of patterns to choose from.

I just so happen to be working on some of these for charity right now. The pattern is from Instructables.com . Type in eyeglass case, and the one you are looking for is the second one listed. I am making 2 sizes. One out of 7 inch squares, and the bigger size is made from 8 in. squares. Good luck. m

Blog Entries

Yeah I found it!

The web site is Sew Many Ways it is the best tut ever. check it out. I found it by searching reversible eyeglass cases.

Thanks Tymia! That is too easy. I wouldn't need it to be reversible, so think I would add a snap at the top to keep the glasses from slipping out.

I love the heart book mark so cute!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    I make them out of a sewn 9 patch and the other side is a 9 in sq. padding and binding. so cute but yours sounds easier. gonna go check it out. I got my pattern from QUILTERS WORLD. oct issue I think

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    sorry, I just checked and it is the Aug 2012 issue of Quilter' World. I made one with buildings on it for an aunt who is a realator, one with money for several bankers in the family and one with food on it for the chef, etc u get it. they are cute and personalized
    Last edited by cherrio; 02-07-2013 at 03:42 AM.
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.