Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Facebook for business? Has anyone tried it? >

Facebook for business? Has anyone tried it?

Facebook for business? Has anyone tried it?

Old 11-18-2009, 03:17 AM

I signed on to facebook a few weeks ago and it asked whether I wanted to open a business or personal account. That got me thinking...

Has anyone tried to sell using facebook? I wonder if a business would get more exposure using fb.

Any comments or experiences you'd like to share?

Old 11-18-2009, 07:05 AM

My step-son is also in a band, and says whenever they do a show it's packed since he set up a Facebook page for it!
He's really big into computer things through his work, and says this is the new way of advertising. He had some term for it, which I can't remember. lol!!!! And you'll notice all the different quilt shops, etc, etc, on there that you can become a 'fan' of now.
:-)
Old 11-18-2009, 07:19 AM

My daughter is a professional photographer, and is always reading up on the latest things, trends, etc. She set up a FaceBook page after reading from a famous photographer that he had spent $900 to advertise for senior portraits and got 3 responses. He started a free FaceBook page, and got something like 100 responses!

FaceBook expands your contacts. I set you up as my friend, then all my friends see that I am friends with you, and they can make you their friend. Then, their friends can see they are friends with you, and they will know about you too! It is sort of a pyramid.

If you are concerned about it taking up too much time, or that you will have to wade through all the non business chit chat, you can make someone a friend, then hide them on your page (they don't know), or hide when they play a game, etc. You will receive an email notifying you when someone specifically is writing to you.

Also, when someone compliments your work, it is there for all to see (and if by chance someone says something bad - you can delete it!)
Old 11-18-2009, 04:52 PM

Two positives and no negatives! Sounds like something I will definitely look in to.

Thanks so much, and I'm happy to hear it worked for you kids!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Banned

I use it daily for my business. I get alot of sales and hits from it. Its very simple to use.