Facebook and Twitter

Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Power Poster

bevanger wrote, to Ninnie:
Thanks for explaining hun. I knew what a blog is but not on Twitter. I thought maybe it was just a new name for Blog.

well, there are so many ouy there, I guess, the reason ppl are doing these as opposed to good old fashioned email is, you can see what all the other ppl, writing to the 'owner', wrote, and they can see yours.
Kind of like this board? Are we a giant Facebook?
Old 06-16-2009, 11:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Thanks for explaining hun. I knew what a blog is but not on Twitter. I thought maybe it was just a new name for Blog.

well, there are so many ouy there, I guess, the reason ppl are doing these as opposed to good old fashioned email is, you can see what all the other ppl, writing to the 'owner', wrote, and they can see yours.
Ahhhhhhh Ok I get it now :D
Old 06-17-2009, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

Maybe a giant Quiltbook??? 8) 8) :lol: :lol:
Old 06-17-2009, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by lfw045
I'm on Facebook and prefer it to Myspace actually. My kids are on both but we communicate on Facebook the most and we also have relatives in other states on there as well that we get to stay in contact with.

You can set your account to Private and only those that you let in can see what is there. It doesnt have to be "wide open" to everyone if you don't want it to be.

We have a blast with the Farm game.......lol!
lfw...your avatar always looks like momma came around with the
cod liver oil! :lol:

:lol:
Old 06-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Power Poster

I recently deactivated my facebook account when my by-laws wanted to add me to her list. NO THANKS! I don't have a myspace or a twitter account either.

My poisons are the QB, a german forum which is getting a little annoying lately, and the German version of Facebook "Wer kennt wen."
Old 06-17-2009, 05:16 PM

I use facebook too.... but my profile is private and only a "select few" can enter! PMSL

To me, it's a way of keeping in touch with certain people. Instead of emailing a photo or letter to a whole lot of people (who may not actually be interested) I can post a photo on my facebook and any of my friends or family can see and comment. So when I post something about my cat, my "cat friends" comment, when it's kids stuff, it's family who notice. Etc, etc, etc.

Old 06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I use facebook too.... but my profile is private and only a "select few" can enter! PMSL

To me, it's a way of keeping in touch with certain people. Instead of emailing a photo or letter to a whole lot of people (who may not actually be interested) I can post a photo on my facebook and any of my friends or family can see and comment. So when I post something about my cat, my "cat friends" comment, when it's kids stuff, it's family who notice. Etc, etc, etc.
so it's kind of like an email, party line? but you can have an unlisted number, so to speak? cool?
but, i don't have time.
My family already keeps me on the phone enough. :lol:
Old 06-17-2009, 07:06 PM

My son does My Space, not me.
The whole idea of twitter is beyond me, I have read elsewhere about someone's twitter post, I really don't want to know that much about anyone. Don't care what someone is doing at this very moment and I am confident my life is not that interesting that someone would want to know what I am doing that often.
Besides, I spend way more time on the computer now, I don't need to find other ways. Would cut into my quilting / knitting time!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 PM

I love Facebook! I'm careful about what photos I post though. It's good for playing games and instant-message type chatting with friends. I belong to my daughter's Elementary School group and my bookcrossing group, so it's a good way to get updates on events.

I also like to use flickr. I am addicted to looking at beautiful craft projects and scenery!