Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
"Family" moved and "forgot to tell me" >

"Family" moved and "forgot to tell me"

"Family" moved and "forgot to tell me"

Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 AM

Unhappy "Family" moved and "forgot to tell me"

Oh my. I went away for a few days and did not touch a computer during that time. Home now and wanted to catch-up on what my quilting "family" was doing. Imagine my surprise when I found this "new" site and my mind took a few minutes to wrap around what what was happening. Confusion reigned for awhile but now beginning to navigate - like being on an old paved hiway with bumps and patches along the way, but will hang in there.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:03 AM

I am there with you. Still cannot navigate but do not have the time to self educate myself so will have to pass on the site for now.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:43 AM

This will take some getting used to. So far (10 minutes) don't like it as well. Hope I stick with it before I give up.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Hang in there. In no time you will forget that this is different.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:53 AM

Sorry you missed the announcement - Patrice had it up for quite a while. Be patient and just click on things, see where they take you. You will eventually get the hang of it - you were able to learn your way around the first time you came here, you'll learn your way around again!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:02 AM

I was jumping ship, bound and determined to, but I loved this site so much I keep coming back even though I swore I wouldn't. I am starting to get around, but only thanks to the archive option. Don't know what I will do if that goes away.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by EllijaysUFOqueen View Post
Oh my. I went away for a few days and did not touch a computer during that time. Home now and wanted to catch-up on what my quilting "family" was doing. Imagine my surprise when I found this "new" site and my mind took a few minutes to wrap around what what was happening. Confusion reigned for awhile but now beginning to navigate - like being on an old paved hiway with bumps and patches along the way, but will hang in there.
My FIL was a big time home builder over in Montgomery, AL....had built a new house directly behind the one they were living in and my MIL decided she would rather live in the newer house, so he had his workers move stuff through the back yards.....carrying two stems of crystal at a time.....when their son came home from college the house was empty...took him a while before he found them !!! Isn't that funny.....I understand about your "family" moving...I knew they were moving and I'm still sick over it ! Mentally too tired to deal with it just now.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:59 PM

welcome back
Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 PM

I knew that the family was changing I have been busy at work and now sick so it was a suprise to me too.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:19 PM

I'm just trying to pretend I haven't been here before and I'm learning it all for the first time and not comparing it to the "old" way. Change is soooooooo difficult, especially for those of us with memory issues and not a lot of free time to spend getting to know their way around. Luckily I have lots of time to wander around.