Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: A fantastic site to see your first car

I couldn't find my first car there. It was a Volkswagon Beetle bought used for $450. No running boards, no bumpers but I loved it. I remember being so proud when I drove it home. Daddy and my brothers were fascinated by it. Having only owned American made cars this little thing was like a new toy for them. I took Daddy's Plymouth in to see the insurance man to get insurance on my new baby. Imagine my surprize when I returned home to find several police cars at the farm. While searching for the battery Dad and my brothers had pulled up the back seat. Not only did they find the battery but also a very large stash of weed, pills and hashish that the previous owner had forgotten to take out! Ahhh, the early 70's....

Blog Entries
    That was fun :D:D:D

1957 Dodge. Looks just like it. Jeeze, that thing was a tank.

Blog Entries
    Can't find mine and the ex's. Forgot the make but have an old picture of us in front of it. It was pretty but real good in the hills, and instead of a pair of sun shields that pulled down, it had an all across the top of the windshield metal "eyebrow" to protect the front seat people. A real work horse.

1958 Volkswagen bug with sunroof. What fun it was.

My first car was a 1064 push button Plymouth Valiant. What memories! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

my first car..paid 1600 dollars for it when I was 16. I wish I had it now, I could pay off my mortgage......LOL

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/mop...ra/71bara.html

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    I couldn't find my first car there. It was a Volkswagon Beetle bought used for $450. No running boards, no bumpers but I loved it. I remember being so proud when I drove it home. Daddy and my brothers were fascinated by it. Having only owned American made cars this little thing was like a new toy for them. I took Daddy's Plymouth in to see the insurance man to get insurance on my new baby. Imagine my surprize when I returned home to find several police cars at the farm. While searching for the battery Dad and my brothers had pulled up the back seat. Not only did they find the battery but also a very large stash of weed, pills and hashish that the previous owner had forgotten to take out! Ahhh, the early 70's....
    So that's where I stashed it!!!

LOL

:shock: :shock:

1963 Ford Falcon, white with red interior, 3-speed on the column.

http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/ford/63ford/2.html
    http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/ford/63ford/3.html