Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Favorite Memories of Valentine's Day?

Blog Entries

Favorite Memories of Valentine's Day?

Do you have any favorite memories you'd like to share?

Mine is about my youngest son,. I am a chocoholic and I have a black thumb! You always think your kids are involved in their own lives and don't really pay attention to you when they are 17. My son Glen brought me a flower arrangement for Valentine's when he was 17. the flower holder was a large Hershey's kiss and it held some beautiful FAKE flowers!! LOL I still have it and he is now 35 yrs old.

Hope you all share some of your fond memories here with all of us!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY a bit early!

Power Poster
    My favourite Valentines were always the ones my kids brought home from school for me. Cut out all crooked, half a ton of glue and a simple I Love You Mom painstakingly printed out.

My favorite is my oldest grandson who was born on Valentines day. Nothing is better than that!!!

Pat in MN

Blog Entries
    I have had a lot of favorites with a wonderful DH but my cutest was in the first grade...My boyfriend gave me my first box of candy...Baby Ruth Nuggets!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

Blog Entries
    when we were in grade school we only had 17 in our class. We each had to make our own valentine box so when we passed out valentine's you put them in the boxes as they sat on each student's desk. We always had a contest for the best Valentine box. It's a shame they dont' do that anymore. We loved doing it. I still have valentine's from my grade school days.

My mom collects old valentines. She has some that my dad received when he was in grade school in a one room school house in the 30's

Rhonda, noticed you are from Salem, Ia, I have actually been to Salem, Ia many times. You might know some of my family members. JB