Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! >

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

February 2012 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize!

Old 01-31-2012, 05:40 PM

I'm in, too! I am still going strong with WW diet, can't weigh in there anymore but the Pulmonary Therapist weighs me every day.

I'm learning to know what a portion really looks like and I was eating for three! And I'm NOT pregnant with Twins!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 PM

I'm in again
Old 01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
I'm in, too! I am still going strong with WW diet, can't weigh in there anymore but the Pulmonary Therapist weighs me every day.

I'm learning to know what a portion really looks like and I was eating for three! And I'm NOT pregnant with Twins!
That's funny. I know what you mean though.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 PM

I'm in for Feb. I just don't do well on my own. So I'm going to take it one day at a time and commit to do my best to exercise and follow my food program. I like that I can post my progress and get positive encouragement. So for Feb 1st I'm going to my fitness center and workout.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:32 PM

I'm in, too. It's 49 minutes into February and we have 12 participants. Yay!

Welcome, blondeslave and jlwheart. Welcome back to the rest of us.

February is a wonderful month to be improving our health. I know I keep saying every pound lost is 4 pounds of pounds of pressure off my knees, but it also decreases how hard my heart has to work. Weight loss increases the flexibility of both large and small arteries even without exercise and, of course, exercise helps even more. So every time you see a Valentine this month, use it as a visual to continue to eat well and keep moving to improve your heart health.

Dodie, come back as soon as you can. Your Taboo Tuesdays have been some real eye openers. This week - I only use real butter, but only for cooking, not at the table. I prefer a little butter to lot of anything else so I'm not seeing a big issue for me this week. but it will still keep me aware of how much I'm using.

Sender's choice? That will be an interesting mix of FQs. It will look like the FQ display at my LQS.

I've lost my brace for my SI joint (hip area) and had to help prepare and serve a dinner for 150 last night. That's not a good combination.

I want to make some pumpkin muffins, but I can't figure out when to eat them if I'm going to continue heavy protein breakfasts for a while. I have to make muffins instead of pumpkin bread for portion control. I can bake the cream cheese inside. I bought walnuts and dried cranberries at the natural food store today and I always have pumpkin, so I'm all set.

I signed up for a BOM here - the January one involves paper piecing - any hints for a first timer? I've learned so much in my year of quilting that I think I'm ready for one more thing, but check with me in a few days. I've had a time with the colors for January. Blue is the logical choice for winter/snow and I have no blue so I've been to the LQS twice. I think I'm overthinking it. Feb should be red - that I can do. It's a calendar theme.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Here's to a good month for every one of us!!!
Judy
Old 02-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Pam 304 is taking over the taboos for awhile. PM her any ideas you come up with Thanks Pam!!!! She will be posting later in the day so watch for it

Thanks, Judy! I will stop by when I csn. This year has been one for the record books. We are so hopeful that the house will sell this time & we can move to Fl. It will be a ton of work but worth it in the long run.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM

BOM doers, is it permissible to change a block? Of course, I won't post a picture if I do. I know quilters are supposed to be cat lovers, but I don't have that gene and this month's block has two cats in it. Can I sub a plain heart?

My total weight loss for Jan was 2 1/2 pounds which is disappointing, but it's better than gaining. I did it to myself with ice cream (frozen custard) at Culver's last night. I am learning what to avoid. A medium concrete (similar to a Blizzard) is too big.

It's time for my annual blood work. If my cholesteral is up, ice cream will out again anyhow. My doctor and I don't agree how to treat it. I refuse his drugs and slowly bring it down. Has it stayed? It's been good for several years and I hope it still is.

I need a recipe for a Valentine dessert for a church luncheon. I'm thinking meringues with something yummy in them. I haven't made them in years. I'd better do a dry run to see if the recipe works in this weather. It's very damp and ugly out. Where is my sunshine and my pretty white snow?

Eat healthy, move your body and drink your water. We want flexible arteries along with a slimmer body.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM

I think I will try this challenge for February. I have lost 20 lbs between Thanksgiving and a week ago. Hopefully I will keep up the loss!!
Count me in. If I forget, please, someone send me a PM

Of course it may be a little harder this month. I just had some knee surgery on Friday and can't do much walking or any aqua exercise for a while.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:46 PM

If anyone needs the mailing address for the mailing the FQ, please PM me. I will be happy to send to you.

Welcome new comers.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:58 PM

I just joined our biggest losers at work so hopefully joining this as well will keep me going. I was doing well until my back completely went out on me last January. It's been almost a year since I exercised other than PT. Starting out slow at the gym on the stationary bike. Can't wait until my butt gets used to the bike seat again...ouch!