Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
I hope I do good today. Found out I have extremely low vitamin B12, and low TSH. Added with everything else no wonder I am tired. lol....
bless your heart, juneb! I have both of those and I had low Vitamin D3 and wow, was that ever painful!
My primary has a thingy in her exam rooms that says 57% of americans suffer from low vitamin D.
At the time I thought that was a thing of the past and had no clue.
Since ongoing treatment for my vit. D deficiency things have improved a lot.
I was getting all kinds of infections etc.
I'm glad you found out about your situation and anybody reading, if you take stomach meds etc. you may need extra folic acid too.
Both of my dd's took my advice when they were complaining of being tired all the time and started on it and like me, they take it every day now.
It helps that much! For me it was huge.
The better our bodies are running, the easier for us to shed these unwanted pounds. hugs
Old 02-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teddybear Lady View Post
I didn't make it in to weigh today. It's raining and freezing here. It is supposed to warm up tomorrow, so I will go then. I don't like this gloomy weather. Just getting over the flu and all I want to do is sleep. I must be part hibernating bear cause all I want to do is sleep when it's cold and rainy and freezing. haha
hope you have a special, cozy quilt and curl up and completely get out from under that flu.
p.s. I just love your nick!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Power Poster

Mousie you are so sweet. You have a good week. Teddybear Lady you get well, and stay warm and cozy.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
Mousie you are so sweet. You have a good week. Teddybear Lady you get well, and stay warm and cozy.
thanks, you are going to have a good week too, bc your body is going to love you for giving it the thyroid adjustment and the b-12. you are going to be feeling better. hurray!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 AM

Good morning ladies, so what are some of your quilting plans this weekend? I am going to finish the T-shirt quilt top, only 2 rows to add and then will start the next one. Need to get with the person the top is for to see what she wants for a backing.

Have a great weekend. Eat wisely and smart.

My blood sugars are doing much better, not having the problems with all the highs, more lows now but it is more stable than it has been.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:22 PM

I have started my weekend already. Today, I finished a Quilt of Valor and will take it to tomorrow's meeting to turn it in for quilting. I hand basted a small wall hanging so that I can hand quilt it (it's for me) and started the SITD on a table runner for a swap partner on another thread. Last night, I had my embroidery machine up and running - did two small embroidery designs and a label for a raggie quilt. I still want to finish the table runner tonight before I call it a day as tomorrow is the Quilt of Valor meeting and I'll be starting a new quilt there - not one of my own quilts. I figure if I make 3 or 4 Quilts of Valor in a year, I've done a good job. I do like to make things of my own every now and again. I'll take my lunch with me, fruit and a protein drink should see me through. Lots of water, too. Take care, eat healthy everyone.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:04 PM

Yipee!!! It warmed up and all the ice melted! I was able to go and weigh in today. Down another 2.2 lbs. All that's left of the flu is a little coughing. Still tired, but able to get around and cook today. Got a big pot of chili on the stove for hubby. He'll appreciate that after working outside in the cold all day. He was so pitiful yesterday. He came home, wet, cold and tired. He works for our local utility company and he's out in the weather all day. I had his supper ready and a big pot of hot cocoa warming on the stove. He always tells me..."you're a good woman". haha I try to be. He's very good to me and understands my need to play with the fabric. His motto is..."whatever makes you happy, makes me happy". I also, wanted to say "Thank you" to all who have encouraged me through this flu mess.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

I would love to cut out these cute little, simple dresses for my grandmouslings, but there is so much going on around here that I bet I don't get a chance.
It's not quilting, but taking care of my sewing projects makes room for the quilting
Old 02-22-2013, 08:15 PM

A friend of mine recently got a new long arm She was saying she needs to practice more before she can start charging for her quilting. She is quilting my mystery train quilt for me for free. While I was there dropping it off last weekend she asked me what my favorite color was when I said purple she handed me a stack of 25 purple FQ. I already know what I will make from them. I don't know what it is called but it has a lot of curved piecing. I ordered the template I need and am waiting for it. She loves autumn colors which I have tons of in my stash that was given to me. Not my kind of colors. I just cut her 40 FQ.
I am going to an auction tomorrow. It lists 30 antique hand made quilts. There are also 2 sewing machines listed. I think there is a stash also. The flier also lists antique clocks. I hope I can control myself and don't go too insane and spend too much.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
A friend of mine recently got a new long arm She was saying she needs to practice more before she can start charging for her quilting. She is quilting my mystery train quilt for me for free. While I was there dropping it off last weekend she asked me what my favorite color was when I said purple she handed me a stack of 25 purple FQ. I already know what I will make from them. I don't know what it is called but it has a lot of curved piecing. I ordered the template I need and am waiting for it. She loves autumn colors which I have tons of in my stash that was given to me. Not my kind of colors. I just cut her 40 FQ.
I am going to an auction tomorrow. It lists 30 antique hand made quilts. There are also 2 sewing machines listed. I think there is a stash also. The flier also lists antique clocks. I hope I can control myself and don't go too insane and spend too much.
Meanmom is she still looking for quilts to practice on? If so let me know I could send her 1 if see needs one.