Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 265

Thread: February 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

  1. #51
    Super Member Vanogay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    1,134
    Squires, WW has something on line. You might want to try that.

    While I am looking back through the history on our weight loss advanture for older Taboo Tuesday notes, I ran across this article*. I will use some of their questions to prod our gray matter (the brain) and help us make more healthy choices. This week Taboo or Teriffic Tuesday depends.
    Question 1. It is important to track your daily intake of a) fiber b) carbs c) fat d) all of the above
    2. At the grocery store, you should look for foods labeled a) vegan b) gluten free c) whole grain
    3. True or false - it's smart to stash low-calorie snacks in case you get hungry between meals.

    Answers: 1 - a. The majority of weight-loss research has found that the exact number of carbohydrate or fat grams you take in isn't as important as total calories - but tracking fiber could make a big difference. The more fiber you have, the more satisfied and full you feel and the less you will ultimately eat. Women should aim for 25 grams a day; men 38
    2 - c. Manufacturers of ready-made snacks and sweets often add extra sugar and fat to make gluten-free or vegan foods as tasty as regular versions. Whole grain, however, generally means that the food is higher in filling fiber, a good thing for appetite control (see questions 1 again)
    3 - True. Waiting too many hours to eat sends your blood sugar and energy levels off a cliff, so cravings soar. If yu need something between breakfast and lunch, keep it to 100 calories or less (like a stick of low-fat string cheese). Afternoon snacks can be 150 to 175 calories (like an apple spread with a teaspoon of peanut butter)

    Does this make you have a Taboo Tuesday (to cut something out) or a Teriffic Tuesday (where you're already doing good)??
    Next week some more of their questions and answers.
    *Biggest Loser dietitian Rachel Betler, RD; author of the new book Eat to Lose, Eat to Win
    Kathleen

    Live today as if it may be your last, for who knows...

  2. #52
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    7,859
    Blog Entries
    14
    Wow teddybear thats an awesome wt loss. I suppose most of us should drink more water!
    Good luck everyone!

  3. #53
    Super Member sewNso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S C michigan
    Posts
    1,802
    Blog Entries
    1
    sorry, i'm late signing up. so i guess i won't be in contention for the FQ's, but i will play along anyway. i'll send cindy my FQ's. what was last months theme? i'll enclose that too. been on a dieting slump. have 5 extra lbs from xmas. getting lots of sewing done otherwise.

  4. #54
    Junior Member CountryHouseQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    202
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey Cindy, just from reading the post about Airwick I see she may need some fabric. If you could find out what she likes I might be able to get my Wednesday Wonders group to gather some FQ's and send to her. Or perhaps some thread or other things. Let me know and I'll shoot them an email. We meet tomorrow night.
    The trouble with Trouble is.....It usually starts out like fun!!

    www.countryhousequilting.blogspot.com

  5. #55
    Super Member JuneBillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    5,251
    I am trying to drink more water, and I need to anyway. I would have to work up to what I really should be drinking though.

    Because this is my first time on here, and I haven't read any of it before, I was wondering how long has this weight loss thread been going on? I figured maybe it has been off and on or something with the changes in the board.

    Yesterday I had a break even day, because I was too low on what I needed to have on hand to eat, so today off to the store.

    Tomorrow I will be going for my next physical therapy on my right leg so that is an exercise day for me lol....

    CountryHouseQuilter, I am glad to see you are through your surgery. My son had his gallbladder out not too long ago. He did fine, but says he can't tell much different.

    Good luck everyone!
    JuneBillie - In memory of my dear mother June, and my dear mother in law Billie.
    I am thankful for this day My name - Susan

  6. #56
    Super Member createfourpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
    sorry, i'm late signing up. so i guess i won't be in contention for the FQ's, but i will play along anyway. i'll send cindy my FQ's. what was last months theme? i'll enclose that too. been on a dieting slump. have 5 extra lbs from xmas. getting lots of sewing done otherwise.
    Last month was neutrals. this month is turquiose. next month is coral....shades of the sunset
    Last edited by createfourpaws; 02-05-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

    "My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

  7. #57
    Super Member createfourpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter View Post
    Hey Cindy, just from reading the post about Airwick I see she may need some fabric. If you could find out what she likes I might be able to get my Wednesday Wonders group to gather some FQ's and send to her. Or perhaps some thread or other things. Let me know and I'll shoot them an email. We meet tomorrow night.
    I will see what I can find out on her likes. I know Painiacs knows her as well she might have some input on what fabric she likes. I will be sending out her winnings on Thursday when I am off work and will have some extras for her along with a rotary cutter. As soon as I hear something I will post it.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

    "My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

  8. #58
    Super Member createfourpaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,906
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
    I am trying to drink more water, and I need to anyway. I would have to work up to what I really should be drinking though.

    Because this is my first time on here, and I haven't read any of it before, I was wondering how long has this weight loss thread been going on? I figured maybe it has been off and on or something with the changes in the board.

    Yesterday I had a break even day, because I was too low on what I needed to have on hand to eat, so today off to the store.

    Tomorrow I will be going for my next physical therapy on my right leg so that is an exercise day for me lol....

    CountryHouseQuilter, I am glad to see you are through your surgery. My son had his gallbladder out not too long ago. He did fine, but says he can't tell much different.

    Good luck everyone!
    I have been the hostess of the group for about a year, someone else was the hostess and due to personal reason, she asked me to take over. I believe it has been going on for several years prior to me taking it over.

    As far as drinking more water, I am also trying to drink more water, and find it helps when I add lemons to my water, gives it a bit more flavor. I am trying to stay away from sodas, I have about a 6 pack left at the house of sprite and I am the only one who will drink it, so once it is gone I will not be buying any more. I am amazed that I have stayed away from the vending machines at work. I am doing everything I can to lose the weight I gained from going back on insulin.

    Sorry for the ramble.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

    "My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Victorville, Ca
    Posts
    496
    hi all, been dealing with the car dealer on an electrical wiring problem. What a pain. We have an extended warranty but the insurance co wants to go the cheap way and the dealer wants to do it right so we don't have to come back for the same thing again. It has been 5workings days so far.
    Cindy, I could send things along to Airwick to, just let me know. I have some things that she can use.
    Gail

  10. #60
    Super Member meanmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fairfield, OH
    Posts
    2,247
    Blog Entries
    1
    Isn't car trouble a pain. My sone is a mechanic and he complains about the extended warranties. Says the companies are like you said. Cindy I am sure I could send some of my stash to Airwick too. Just let me know what she likes.
    Pat

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.