Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feeding the Eagles

does anyone know how i could have inserted the pics in the proper place within the text? like this:

blah blah blah blah

[picture]

blah blah blah blah blah

[picture]

blah blah blah blah

[picture]

Blog Entries
    They are so gorgeous!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    In the spot where you posted pic 1 and pic 2 and so on, that is where you would write about each pic. Not sure if there is a limit on how many words or letters you can use but that is where you can describe each picture.

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I would have loved to had experieced that. So incredible and such wonderful people. Wow!!!!

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!This is so amazing I have goose-bumps

The text seems to say that the photos and eagle feeding took place in the St. louis and Alton areas, however, I believe that they were taken in Homer, AK. Frannie from AK can you confirm this?

Assuming that I'm correct, the person who feeds the eagles was a woman labeled "the eagle lady", her real name is Jean Keene. She passed away this past year, however, for many, many years she has fed the eagles there during the winter by gathering handouts from local fishermen and businesses. The feedings do not occur in the summer. Her home was an old trailer which was surrounded by old stuff she collected and you can see part of her "yard" in the last photo - dead trees, fishing floats, etc. Her trailer sat in the middle of an RV camping area and in photo one you can see the timbers that mark the edges of some of the spots.

When she passed away, folks in Homer continued the feedings but I'm not sure whether they are still doing it or not since there was a lot of concern that by hand-feeding the eagles she was interfering with nature's schedule.

Here is one link that shows a little more, but you can find other videos by googling "eagle lady homer alaska".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYWno...eature=related

kttb I do believe you are correct. When I first looked at these pics, I too thought how amazing until I wondered where in Missori and Illinois they have water that blue and pretty and the gorgeous tall mtns in the background.
    I immediately thought of Alaska and then read your post. I watched several of the movies and it sure looks to me like you are right.
    Sorry butterflywing, but I think your friend sold you a bill of goods. However, I thank you for posting as I did not know about this lady.

Incredible!!

OMG - that is absolutely amazing! What a great cause to support!

You are so very lucky. what a magnificent sight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast