Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Festivals soon going on in our area >

Festivals soon going on in our area

Festivals soon going on in our area

Old 09-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

I live in the oldest town in TN and it is also the home of the National Storytelling festival! That event is coming up Oct 7 -9. http://www.storytellingcenter.net/festival/

At the same time there is the Unicoi Apple Festival! Oct 7-8. http://www.unicoicounty.org/applefest.php
If your in the area or want a get away over that weekend check them out. While your at it give me a call and stop in!

I tend to stay away from down town during the Story telling because it is a very busy place! Plus I usually am working. This year I am off so may just have to drop into town and walk around a while. There are fees to attend most of the story telling, but some are free and it's just fun to listen!

The Apple Festival---- well if it's Apples it should be there! Truly a sign of Autumn.

What's going on in your area this fall? I love fall and would love to just visit all the beautiful places at this time of year.

Phyllis
aka
QuiltingGrannie
Old 09-29-2011, 03:08 PM

Its Oktoberfest in Leavenworth Washington the next few weekends.. I cant want till next weekend when we pack up the trailer and head there ourselves! German Brats, Beer and music! AND, I nice quiet weekend for me and my bf. :) Not much of that lately with kids schedules and hunting season. I get him for a whole weekend! ALL TO MYSELF!! WOOHOO!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:40 PM

Our little town is having a Pumpkin Fest. There is a pumpkin decorating contest, a pie contest, a pie eating contest, a parade for the kids in their costumes, and booths selling crafts, food and etc. This is October 8th. Then on Sunday, October 9th, the little town down the road is having their Octoberfest.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Our town is having Art in the Park and also autumn fest craft show.