Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fiction Suggestions

Fiction Suggestions

I usually read mysteries and general fiction. My mysteries are Jack Reacher, James Patterson, Jonathon Kellerman, Faye Kellerman. I'm kind of mysteried out right now. I've read most of the Elm Creek books. I'm waiting for Marie Bostwick's new book to come out on Kindle. I just started Debbie Macomber's new book. Other authers I've read are Kristin Hannah and Elin Hilderbrand. I'm a pretty fast reader so go through books pretty fast. What other authors along those lines can you suggest?

John Grisham is always a good one, as is Steven King and (even weirder, Dean Koontz); the ones I am reading now are either by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins or Tim LaHaye and another author. I LOVE his books! I also love David Baldacci and Dan Brown, and both of them have new releases due out in May. Have fun!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Have you tried Jodi Picoult? I'm really enjoying her newest.

I recently read "The Bride Price". I also read on Kindle and actually bought this one, usually I either go through the library or the low price specials on Amazon. Anyway, loved this one. Got "The Tiger's Wife" from library on-line. Liked that one too, although a little unusual. I am like you in that I usually read the mysteries and the ones you mentioned.
    Sorry, don't know the authors names on these. Might try CJ Lyons, although she does the thrillers ,also.

What about Lisa Scottoline or Sandra Brown.
    "Every positive thought is a step in the right direction.

If you want to try something a little different with wonderful stories, try something by Maeve Binchy. She is from Ireland, I think, but her stories pull me right in.
    Alyce

Lincoln Child/Douglas Preston books are excellent! Have you read any of Barb Celeste McCloskey's books? I loved Apple Pie and Strudel Girls. This will get you hooked to read her other books. My daughter loves Janet Evonovich. Maeve Binchy, Judith Michael, Lincoln Child, Harlan Coben,and Lisa Unger, are good

Im an avid reader and like most genres except romance.
    Just finished a large multi book series about cats called Warriors. Loved it and wish it went on forever.
    Also love the husband and wife writers that are arcaologists (cant spell) and write about the Indians of the past but as fiction with a story line. Gears are the authors. Also read all the other mystery writers mentioned especially Lee Childs Reacher character novels.
    Love historical fiction, fantasy and science fiction also. Read all the Elm Creek novels about quilting.

I liked Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    Im an avid reader and like most genres except romance.
    Just finished a large multi book series about cats called Warriors. Loved it and wish it went on forever.
    Also love the husband and wife writers that are arcaologists (cant spell) and write about the Indians of the past but as fiction with a story line. Gears are the authors. Also read all the other mystery writers mentioned especially Lee Childs Reacher character novels.
    Love historical fiction, fantasy and science fiction also. Read all the Elm Creek novels about quilting.
    Maeve Binchy, Elizabeth Berg and Emily Giffin are three authors I would highly recommend.