Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fiction suggestions

They aren't quilting books but I have been enjoying the Murder She Wrote mysteries. I really loved the TV show and the books are not the same as the show - new stories. And they are a quick read too.

Excellent books recommended above. I have also enjoy Debbie McComber's Cedar Cove series. This series of books start with 104 Street Name, 212 Street Name...........the first number of the address is the next in the series. These can be read out of order too.

Linda

Sew little time and sew many ideas

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
    Over the last year I've been reading Alexander McCall Smith. Started with No 1 Ladies Detective Agency and moved on through the other series. I am addicted. I wish he would write faster!
    These are fabulous.
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Looks like a lot of good reading. Where or where do I start. I have read all of Jennifer Chiaverini books so looking for something else.

Tricia Fields has a mystery series with three books out so far. The main character is a female Police Chief in a small town on the border between Texas and Mexico. Her first book is called The Territory. Not about quilting, but she has gotten some very good reviews, and won the Tony Hillerman award for The Territory.
    Phyllis
    Phyllis Driggs

I love Nelson DeMille, Stuart Woods, and James Patterson.... a little language and sex.... but not too much... there is a lot out there... I got a few suggestions from this question. thanks Ladies

Not about quilting, but just finished "The Invention of Wings" by Sue Monk Kidd and highly recommend it.

Thrilled to have all these suggestions!!

We are now at daughter's house where she is on bed rest for a while. Going to take her to her doctor tomorrow and hope to have a better idea of how to proceed. Between her pregnancy complications and mom's lung cancer, I should have time to read a great deal this summer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2