Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fiddler on the Roof

It's wonderful! I love all the music. Besides for the classic numbers, I find the dream scene very funny.

Enjoy.
    Arlene

Blog Entries
    We saw Fiddler at a community theater before we saw the movie and we always felt the play was much better. Still I love the movie, too. Hope you have a wonderful experience. Mazal tov.

I've only seen the movie. It's an all time favorite at our house. At my 25th wedding anniversary we played "Do You Love Me?" We even some times quote it at our house. DH "If you ever stop talking I won't be late!" Me "You could die from such a man!" I even misquoted it to my oldest DSon when he was in college, "A job is not to like a job is to get."
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Blog Entries
    I'm home. The show was wonderful. We had great seats too! I'm so glad I got to go. Not many of the great shows come to this area.
    Got fabric?

Love the movie and saw a dinner theater production of it quite a few years ago but I'm sure that Broadway will put both to shame. Hope it is everything you hope it will be - there is nothing like live theater!
    Quilts, books, cats - Life is good!

I saw it when it first debuted on Braodway way back in the late sixties. It was really wonderful, especially the dream scene.

Glad you enjoyed the play. How did your daughters like it? (You said they weren't too keen on the idea.)

I grew up with that play. The soundtrack was played at family gatherings, we sang the songs at summer camp. I didn't see the movie until I was a teenager, years after it first came out, but the people were so like the people in my (East European Jewish) community, that it felt very familiar.

I haven't seen it in years. I'll have to see it this winter.
    Yet another Lisa.

The worst play is still better than movies. I love plays whether they're professional or local amatures. Dinner theater, opera, operetta, or high school play, I love them all.

Oh, wait, DH was given tickets to a play once and we went to see it. It was horrible---f bombs every other word. We left. It was Kiss of the Spider Woman or something like that. About two lovers in prison---not good.
    Last edited by raptureready; 12-02-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    If no one ever experimented we'd all still be making 4 patches.

Yes only wish I was so lucky as to be able to go see it in a play!!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2