Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiddler on the Roof

Blog Entries

Fiddler on the Roof

I am going to see the Broadway musical tonight! It is one of my favorite movies and I can't wait to see the original musical. Each year before Christmas I get tickets to a Broadway production for my girls and me. I picked Fiddler this year. They aren't that convinced it was the best choice. LOL. Any one a fan of Fiddler on the Roof?
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    LOVE IT. When my son was in Jr High his music teacher was making them play music they had never heard and couldn't relate to. So when I suggested she pick something they were familiar with, she picked a song from this movie and they all liked playing it.

Blog Entries
    I love it!!! The depth of the characters, especially Papa, is amazing. It has it all. Great music, drama, comedy, love, courage. It is a wonderful film and I'm sure on stage will be just as magical.

Most anything Broadway is good. Some better than others, but I love the music in Fiddler On The Roof. I'm envious of you. You all enjoy.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

Love the movie. Have not watched it for a long time. With the Christmas season I have to watch Scrooge first.

Blog Entries
    Lucky You.Enjoy.
    fiddler is one of my two all time favorites.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Big fan! I got to see it with Topal (he was on broadway then in the movie) when it was in Detroit for I think the 50th anniversary. Saw it a few times in smaller theaters but of course broadway was great. Enjoy!

Yes! One of my favorite oldies. There's no one like Tevah. Hope it's as good as you think it will be and I bet your kids will like it too. Eho can resist that music!

We are season ticket holders for the opera here in St. Louis. We seen Fiddler on the Roof several years ago and enjoyed it, but, wasn't my favorite.....loved the music! Enjoy it and have fun and let us know how it was

It is one of my all-time favorites too. I saw it in San Francisco with my dad. He did the lead role in the play in a local theater when I was growing up and helping him learn his lines and attending rehearsals and performances remains one of my most cherished memories of my dad. It is a totally different experience seeing the musical live than watching the movie - you are in for one serious treat!
    Sheila N.

When Thomas Edison invented the light bulb, he tried over 2000 experiments before he got it to work. A young reporter asked him how it felt to fail so many times. He said, "I never failed once. I invented the light bulb. It just happened to be a 2000 step process."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast