Fighting Chi's

Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 PM

Up until September, I had a 9 yr old chi, a 2 yr old chi and a 5 month old boxer. Hubby found a 5lb chi at work one morning that no one claimed-had her scanned for a chip and watched the papers. No biggie, there is always room for one more, right? What a sweet dog! She takes up about 2" of room and never makes a sound!

After waiting 2 weeks, I got her vacs. Turns out she is about a year and a half old. Two weeks after the shots, I had her spayed. That's when they discovered the pup. Showed no signs of being preggers-very small and slim and due in about 10 days. Well, needless to say that after the shots and anethesia, the pup didn't make it.

A few days after recovering from the spay, her true charecter came out. She is very aggressive towards the 2 yr old female (boxer is female , also). I think it is because Daisy (2 yr old) is always on my lap. I let her on also with Daisy and they are peaceful with each other. If I'm up and holding Penny (the PITA), she watches for Daisy and squirms to get down to run to her with that tale movement of hers-the tale wags just at the tip-and kinda 'dares' Daisy to 'do' something because I was holding her. Most times they lay or sit side by side like buddies.

They have been in one fight that I know of and I was there to break it up. This happened outside. Both of them walk on egg shells around each other but Penny is the aggressive one.

I came home tonight to two bloody dogs. It's possible Daisy started it because her fuse is getting shorter. I think it was Penny but of course not sure.

I don't want to get rid of Penny. It's not fair to Daisy-she is such a sweet girl. Such a difference between preggers/spay and now.

I hope someone can help with advice. I never get rid of my kids and hope I don't have to. BTW, she is fine with the other chi (male) and boxer.

Sorry so long and thanks, Karen
Old 12-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Power Poster

Could it be due to the hormonal changes after losing the pup? Maybe when her hormones level back out, she will mellow out too? :D:D:D
Old 12-14-2010, 07:30 AM

I hope you're right, Amma. Jeez, my hormones are all outta whack but you don't see my DH all bloody, ever!