Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally going on belated honeymoon to Vegas Baby..... >

Finally going on belated honeymoon to Vegas Baby.....

Finally going on belated honeymoon to Vegas Baby.....

Old 09-06-2011, 03:55 AM

My DH and I were married a little over 3 years ago. During that time, my dad was dying of cancer and I was the go to person for his finances, and the farm. Anyway, he died 2 months later, then we had the estate stuff with my brother (can you say ugly time) and lawsuits (can you say relieved that it is over). We had to move into town because brother was stalking us in country. Anyway, we had two mortgages for about 1 1/2 years so times were very tough. We had a paper route for a year to help with expenses. Anyway, sold our farm contract for deed, and got to get rid of paper route before the South Dakota winter hit again. Things are going easier and we have decided to take that long awaited honeymoon. It is only for 3 days but it will be great. My DH mom is staying with my teenager and getting her to places for her band schedule and I am really excited. Really don't have anything to wear. Either I have bank clothes, Friday Casual at bank clothes, or quilting (stained and yucky clothes) but will get through that. LOL
Old 09-06-2011, 03:58 AM

Now remember its your long awaited honeymoon. You won't need clothes! LOL Enjoy yourselves sounds like you both deserve a very nice romantic break! Congrats!

Originally Posted by mshollysd
My DH and I were married a little over 3 years ago. During that time, my dad was dying of cancer and I was the go to person for his finances, and the farm. Anyway, he died 2 months later, then we had the estate stuff with my brother (can you say ugly time) and lawsuits (can you say relieved that it is over). We had to move into town because brother was stalking us in country. Anyway, we had two mortgages for about 1 1/2 years so times were very tough. We had a paper route for a year to help with expenses. Anyway, sold our farm contract for deed, and got to get rid of paper route before the South Dakota winter hit again. Things are going easier and we have decided to take that long awaited honeymoon. It is only for 3 days but it will be great. My DH mom is staying with my teenager and getting her to places for her band schedule and I am really excited. Really don't have anything to wear. Either I have bank clothes, Friday Casual at bank clothes, or quilting (stained and yucky clothes) but will get through that. LOL
Old 09-06-2011, 04:04 AM

Sorry for the loss of your Dad, and all the aggravation with your brother....That all behind you, go and have a grand time in Vegas.....
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 AM

Thanks, I feel relief and my DH was such a trooper during all that drama. I couldn't have married a more wonderful man. BTW he is 14 years younger but we don't worry about the age thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 AM
Power Poster

I'm sorry too, and happy for you that now that's all behind you. Have a wonderful time!! :D
Old 09-06-2011, 04:23 AM

Enjoy
Old 09-06-2011, 04:57 AM
Power Poster

Have a wonderful time.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 AM

I don't think age should be an issue. My late husband was 18 years older and we had a great life together before his death 3 years ago. Just love each other alot and make the most of every day. Age is really no one' business anyway. Have a great honeymoon and a very long and happy life together.
Originally Posted by mshollysd
Thanks, I feel relief and my DH was such a trooper during all that drama. I couldn't have married a more wonderful man. BTW he is 14 years younger but we don't worry about the age thing.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:40 AM

It really doesn't matter about age. I'm older and we are going on 34 years of marriage.

mltquilt
Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 AM

Hope you have a wonderful time!!!