Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Finally!  The kids are going back to school tomorrow! >

Finally! The kids are going back to school tomorrow!

Finally! The kids are going back to school tomorrow!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM

I have to say that I love my kids - I really do - but they have been home all week long thanks to the 9" of snow we got here ... I'm from the north so 9" is pretty common. You'd probably get 1 day out but not an entire week...

They announced about 2 hours ago that the kids will have school tomorrow after a 3 hour delay.

I will have them loaded up, backpacks on their laps, waiting in the car rider drop off line at 10 am tomorrow morning... I have errands I need to do and it's so much easier to do them during the week than on a weekend let alone with kids in tow.

Saturday however I am going to hide in my craft room, turn on the music and start cutting fabric. I have some new to me rulers to try out!!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:57 PM

Wonderful news..wow, didn't realize you got 9 inches!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:04 PM

luck you lol my are still out friday love to death...but i have gotten nothing done this week..
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM

Oh I sympathize with you. I remember when my girls were little and had a snow day. One was fun, but three??? Eeek!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by redquilter
Oh I sympathize with you. I remember when my girls were little and had a snow day. One was fun, but three??? Eeek!
Same here! :mrgreen:
Old 01-14-2011, 12:38 AM

Oh how I remember those days... ok so I am still there with one more starting in the fall. All I can picture is the kids by the door with the backpacks in there laps with that look of "ONE MORE DAY OFF PLEASE!!!!" I think you deserve the day off hiding in your room!
Old 01-14-2011, 04:12 AM

Everyone thinks it is silly that the kids go back for only a half of day today - they have had the entire week off - and are out on Monday too!! I don't know when they are going to make up the days. Our school year does not have any weather days built in to it.

I'm looking forward to my weekend in the craft room... yup. I'm going to hide in there on Sunday as well now! Poptarts for breakfast, spaghetti o's for lunch and take out for dinner lol. I'm not cooking anything this weekend.
Okay... you know I'll change my mind on that one - especially when it comes to the lunch thing...ooooh... I'm going to pick up deli cold cuts for lunch.. oh yeah. I'm not going to cook squat this weekend.. just sew sew sew...

:D
Old 01-14-2011, 04:54 AM

My DD and DGD finally get to go back to school today as well. They are on a 2 hour delay. They missed the entire week before Christmas break, starting December 13th or 14th and have been back in school 1 and 1/2 days since. Both of mine are excited to go back and see their friends. And DD will start new sememster classes.