Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Fire is coming near us! PHEW! got it under control! >

Fire is coming near us! PHEW! got it under control!

Fire is coming near us! PHEW! got it under control!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:49 PM

Stay safe but go if you must and only think about items that you can never replace
Old 08-29-2011, 04:05 PM

Hi everyone-thanks for your prayers and good wishes-DS and DH just got back home-they went to a friend of my son's house up on the hill and were watching the planes and helicopters dropping fire retardant on the fire-and got it under control! I am so glad our fire department is so on the ball and we have such good arial support here. I think the previous devistating fires really taught them a few lessons. We also have the benefit of Miramar Marine base and Camp Pendelton in San Diego and when they see any smoke they report it immediately. Our local airport here in Ramona also has a spotter plane that springs into action. Anyway, NOW I am going to make an emergency list in case it happens again! Thanks everyone!! (sorry I panicked!)
Old 08-29-2011, 04:28 PM

No apology necessary. I would have panicked myself. Glad it all turned out OK. Earthquakes, hurricanes, extreme heat, drought, floods, fires - what next?
Old 08-29-2011, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Barb44
No apology necessary. I would have panicked myself. Glad it all turned out OK. Earthquakes, hurricanes, extreme heat, drought, floods, fires - what next?
I have been telling my family for a couple of years, I think the Earth is approaching its "expiry date"!!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:44 PM

Panic understood. Good luck on the list :)
Old 08-29-2011, 05:47 PM

So glad to hear you and yours are safe! Man, I would have been so terrified, I would have forgotten where I put my list if I even had one!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Google Goddess

so happy you are safe!

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
Hi everyone-thanks for your prayers and good wishes-DS and DH just got back home-they went to a friend of my son's house up on the hill and were watching the planes and helicopters dropping fire retardant on the fire-and got it under control! I am so glad our fire department is so on the ball and we have such good arial support here. I think the previous devistating fires really taught them a few lessons. We also have the benefit of Miramar Marine base and Camp Pendelton in San Diego and when they see any smoke they report it immediately. Our local airport here in Ramona also has a spotter plane that springs into action. Anyway, NOW I am going to make an emergency list in case it happens again! Thanks everyone!! (sorry I panicked!)
Old 08-30-2011, 01:55 AM

Glad you are safe!