Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmies

Blog Entries
    My firmies (packages with books in them, as opposed to squishies that are packages with fabric in them) have arrived. I may be quieter for the next couple of days while I try to digest FIVE books that all came today. This is a new sensation for me....I am now going to delve!

Blog Entries
    I am glad to hear that they arrived safely into your hands...we shall leave you alone to spend time oooing and awwwing over them :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    I have just had a quick flick through so far...The two kaleidoscope ones, One Block Wonder and One Block Wonder Encore have loads of inspiration and great fabric suggestions. The two by Sharon Schamber. (Piece by Piece and Piec-lique)..very different. Lots of ideas, great techniques, but not quite as much on the quilting aspect as I had been hoping, though some good photos which are almost as good as. The last, Guide to Machine Quilting, Diane Gaudynski, lots of help with the quilting, so all in all, I am a very happy bunny.

Does anyone else have these books, and if so, what were your reactions, and have you tried out any of the techniques? I know several members have done One Block Wonders, so I hope to join their ranks asap.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I've got OBWs and just had a peek today at a friend's OBW Encore - think it's definitely worth having both! Can't wait to see your first OBW!

I love your name for them. Have fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    I've got OBWs and just had a peek today at a friend's OBW Encore - think it's definitely worth having both! Can't wait to see your first OBW!
    Give me time, I still have several UFO's in the pipeline, but I might have to just try a little one in the meantime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    I was wondering how you liked the Machine quilting book? I would like to learn how to do this- getting tired of sending my quilts out! LOL! Does it give beginners instructions?
    Yes, I would say it has a great deal of helpful hints for beginners, though I haven't read it all the way through yet.

Have fun!!!! :D

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    Glad they got there!! Have fun, I love new books!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I love books. If I had to choose between a book and chocolate, I'd choose a book every time. Even if you can't tell if from the rear!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast