Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Food Inc, the documentary/movie.  You will lose weight! >

Food Inc, the documentary/movie. You will lose weight!

Food Inc, the documentary/movie. You will lose weight!

Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

If you watch this I bet you loose weight! You won't want to eat anything in the grocery store.

The facts stated in the movie as far as I can tell are all true. I have devoted many hours researching. Most I knew already. And that is why I quit buying processed foods a long time ago. I am true believer in what goes in your body effects your health later especially for growing kids.

I have drastically changed over the years what foods we eat and I can tell a big difference. Our immune system is very strong. In the last five years other then regular physicals DH and I have not been to the Dr. for any sickness at all. Before it seemed we caught every bug, flu, and sickness going around.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

I am what I eat! True so true
Old 04-29-2010, 01:49 PM
Power Poster

I wish that it was as cheap to eat healthy as it is to eat processed... Isn't it a shame that is isn't the opposite?

Feeding myself raw/organic isn't so bad, but I couldn't always buy like this, when I had 3 starving teens and all of their friends to feed :roll: I guess we do the best we can with what we have.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

I don't by organic vegetables or fruit. The chemicals approved to be used on organic farms are just as bad for you as the regular. I buy organic dairy.

The bulk of my groceries are whole foods and fruit. If it says partially hydrogenated oil or high fructose corn syrup I don't buy it. That will cut your food bill in half right there. I don't buy deli meats, hot dogs, chips, or sodas. I don't buy any processed foods. I feed teen nephews too so lot of homemade pizza, baked vegetable ziti, chili, spaghetti, and homemade pop overs fills them up. Every Sunday I have the family of ten here for dinner.

My SIL kept saying her boys won't eat healthy food so it's a waste to buy it. They scarf it down when they are at my house and say it's great to have a real food and not Stoffer's or Bisquik. My SIL now says it's too hard to cook homemade. Oh well, my family eats as healthy as I can make it for them. I can't feed everyone.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:48 PM

Wasn't that an excellent documentary?? It was VERY informative and I am shocked about how big brother is really controlling every facit! (sp) Those poor farmers got put out of business$#@! I have planted my tomatoes, green beans, yukon golds, and have yet to plant more veggies. We are cutting down on meat!
Old 04-29-2010, 04:19 PM

Okay, I haven't watched the documentary yet but it's on my list. I have dropped the soda and white bread from my diet and I have to tell you how much better I am feeling already. No sugar gives me more energy, water and green tea to drink is very satisfying. I hope to lose weight but more than that I hope to be healthier and live longer to enjoy my grandsons a few more years. Thanks for posting this! Can't wait to see the movie.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:32 AM
Power Poster

I want to see this one, keep forgetting about it when I rent movies! I live in the country, and try to raise alot of our food. I have fruit trees, berry bushes, a huge garden, and we hunt for meat...but theres always stuff you HAVE to buy! I would be insane with out coffee and chocolate, cant grow either around here.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:43 AM

Before when I heard about organic growers, I thought it was a bunch of bull and a way to get more $$ for the growers. But now I am enlightened! What a difference the natural way is - to have free range animals unlike those that never see sunlight, eat corn and are cramped next to each other. We need more organic farms. Are there any of those in YOUR areas?